Outscored 25-6 the last four games.

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
GeeMel
Single A Minor League Player

Post by GeeMel »

I haven't been keeping up with the board for a few days.

What were the reason given why that is meaningless and maybe even a good sign?

Bonus points for using "smiley faces" in the answer.

salukifan2
Veteran Player

Re: Outscored 25-6 the last four games.

Post by salukifan2 »

:D :D :D :D

bluesman1111
Fringe Major League Player

Post by bluesman1111 »

Yep, luckily these games don't count, also they're not using their everyday lineup for nine innings, starters are only stretched out to 4 to 5 innings, and there's still relievers getting innings that won't make the team. They're not trying to win games yet.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

bluesman1111 wrote:Yep, luckily these games don't count, also they're not using their everyday lineup for nine innings, starters are only stretched out to 4 to 5 innings, and there's still relievers getting innings that won't make the team. They're not trying to win games yet.
Yeah Ozuna is just testing how inaccurate he can be. He's testing how many strikes he can whiff on. Nothing to see here.

GeeMel

Post by GeeMel »

bluesman1111 wrote:Yep, luckily these games don't count, also they're not using their everyday lineup for nine innings, starters are only stretched out to 4 to 5 innings, and there's still relievers getting innings that won't make the team. They're not trying to win games yet.
I like your screen name. We just went to watch Jimmy Hall and the Prisoners of Love the other night in a local club. Killer blues show.

So, are the opposition also not using their everyday lineup for nine innings, starters are only stretched out to 4 to 5 innings, and there's still relievers getting innings that won't make the team for them too? Or do they play their top players/pitchers for all nine innings while we use scrubs for half the game?

If you are not familiar with Jimmy Hall...

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

GeeMel wrote:If you are not familiar with Jimmy Hall...
Good stuff, thanks. I put the youtube tags around the link for you.

And I don't panic until we start the regular season 0-2.

bluesman1111

Post by bluesman1111 »

Radbird wrote:

Exactly that's when you panic, or it they start out 10 and 3, but then lose the next three games, I say trade them all and start over.

bluesman1111

Post by bluesman1111 »

GeeMel wrote:
I like your screen name. We just went to watch Jimmy Hall and the Prisoners of Love the other night in a local club. Killer blues show.

So, are the opposition also not using their everyday lineup for nine innings, starters are only stretched out to 4 to 5 innings, and there's still relievers getting innings that won't make the team for them too? Or do they play their top players/pitchers for all nine innings while we use scrubs for half the game?

Explain why these losses matter, who cares if those same situations for other teams are getting wins, for games that don't matter?

bluesman1111

Post by bluesman1111 »

Radbird wrote:

I love the blues, it's a shame almost all the old greats are gone.

GeeMel

Post by GeeMel »

bluesman1111 wrote:
GeeMel wrote:

Explain why these losses matter, who cares if those same situations for other teams are getting wins, for games that don't matter?
Generally in sports, winning is preferred to losing. Unless the team is tanking to get Zion Williamson.

We just tied the Mets. So, if losing is good, what is a tie? Good? Bad?