Bat Flips

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball

What do you think of flipping bats after home runs?

It's a hot dog move with no place in the game
15%
Let the kids play
54%
I don't care one way or the other
21%
Jose DeLeon never flipped a bat
10%

Total votes: 39

wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Bat Flips

Post by wart57 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I don’t give a [expletive] what someone who hasn’t played in 45 years thinks about how players today view the game.

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I don’t give a [expletive] what someone who hasn’t played in 45 years thinks about how players today view the game.
I'm curious what the year cutoff for giving a [expletive] is or should be and is it a sliding scale where the level of [expletive] given decreases as years increase?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Romanticizing and vicariously living through Bob Gibson is a big part of being a Cardinals fan.

Also pretending like there aren't pitchers who also do what he did in today's game as well.

For every tough pitcher like Gibby, there's a tough batter like Albert Belle ready to square up and charge the mound if you hit/throw inside constantly.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

NDark wrote:
I'm curious what the year cutoff for giving a [expletive] is or should be and is it a sliding scale where the level of [expletive] given decreases as years increase?
Are they playing now? If yes - OK. If not - Don’t care

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

I thought it was weak. I'm partial to the underhanded bat flip myself. Bonus points for distance and hangtime.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

MadBum doing MadBum things....

Let the Kids play - does that include letting MadBum getting pissed after giving up a home run?

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

wart57 wrote:Let the Kids play - does that include letting MadBum getting pissed after giving up a home run?
Of course. If he wants to show the world he's a whiny little boy who got his fee fee's hurt he's more than welcome to.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
wart57 wrote:Let the Kids play - does that include letting MadBum getting pissed after giving up a home run?
Of course. If he wants to show the world he's a whiny little boy who got his fee fee's hurt he's more than welcome to.
I agree. It isn't a good look for him at all, but if he wants to act like a baby, go for it.