GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 19 19, 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: May 6 19, 9:54 pm 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21459
Location: Columbus, OH
Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 6 19, 9:55 pm 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21459
Location: Columbus, OH
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 6 19, 9:55 pm 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21459
Location: Columbus, OH
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 6 19, 9:55 pm 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21459
Location: Columbus, OH
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 6 19, 9:57 pm 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21459
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Perplexed as to how he could feel so good while being hit so hard in Sunday’s 13-5 loss to the Cubs, Dominic Leone buried himself in video on Monday.

Specifically, he cued up clips from Sunday’s debacle and from his outing on April 26. Leone allowed six runs in two-thirds of an inning in each of those appearances. What Leone didn’t find was any evidence that he had been tipping pitches, something that he had wondered about out loud after exiting Sunday’s game.

Rather, he found more nuanced issues. Leone also studied “some numbers and some trends” with catcher Yadier Molina, so the two could game plan how to get back on track.

“More or less just location really,” Leone said of his trouble spot. “It’s not even balls missing [over the] middle of the plate. We went back and watched the two explosive outings, and nothing was really left middle-middle that did damage. It’s tough because sometimes you almost look for something where you can say, ‘That’s it. That’s exactly what it is mechanics-wise.’ But there really isn’t anything.”

One thing there has been too much of is unfavorable counts. Kris Bryant’s grand slam on Sunday came after he had worked ahead, 2-1. Leone walked two others in the outing and served up a double to Javier Baez on a 2-1 pitch.

Between the two rocky outings, Leone did have a pair of scoreless ones. Those, along with video evidence, have the right-hander convinced that he’s not all that different than the pitcher who started the year quite strong. Prior to this run of trouble, Leone had allowed two runs over his first 11 1/3 innings this season.


Quote:
After throwing six pitches (five strikes) in a scoreless inning for Class A Peoria on Sunday, Carlos Martínez returned to St. Louis to check in and play catch at Busch Stadium. Next, he’ll head to Memphis, where he is likely to make his first rehab appearance in relief for the Triple-A club on Wednesday.

While Martinez’s velocity did not register in the upper-90s in Sunday’s appearance, he did utilize three different pitches -- his fastball, slider and changeup -- while inducing three ground-ball outs.

“It was a good first time on the mound for Carlos,” Shildt said. “He felt good. He recovered good. The ball was coming out clean. The ball had movement and life. And ultimately, that’s what you evaluate.”


Quote:
The Cardinals activated outfielder Justin Williams from the 10-day injured list and optioned him to Double-A Springfield. Williams had been recovering from an injury to his right hand that he sustained when he punched a television in December. Williams is the Cardinals' No. 13 prospect, according to MLB Pipeline.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 7 19, 7:44 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: September 8 10, 2:57 pm
Posts: 13630
Nola has really underperformed. I hope he continues this trend for one more game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 7 19, 2:29 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55010
Quote:
The St. Louis Cardinals are 13-4 at home this season and the Philadelphia Phillies are 5-8 on the road this season. This is a close match-up with both teams having a 45 to 55 percent chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Both starters have a relatively low chance of having a quality start. Dakota Hudson has a 21% chance of a QS and Aaron Nola a 24% chance. If Dakota Hudson has a quality start the Cardinals has a 70% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 2.2 and he has a 14% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Cardinals win 50%. If Aaron Nola has a quality start the Phillies has a 68% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.2 and he has a 25% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Phillies win 63%. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Marcell Ozuna who averaged 2.54 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 44% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 57% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Philadelphia Phillies is Rhys Hoskins who averaged 3.13 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 55% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Phillies have a 65% chance of winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 7 19, 2:30 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55010
Quote:
A McCutchen (R) LF
J Segura (R) SS
B Harper (L) RF
R Hoskins (R) 1B
J Realmuto (R) C
O Herrera (L) CF
C Hernández (S) 2B
M Franco (R) 3B
A Nola (R) P

M Carpenter (L) 3B
P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
P DeJong (R) SS
M Ozuna (R) LF
J Martínez (R) RF
Y Molina (R) C
D Fowler (S) CF
K Wong (L) 2B
D Hudson (R) P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 7 19, 3:03 pm 
Offline
Mayor of GRB
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Posts: 32755
Location: Louisville
CardsofSTL wrote:
Quote:
Perplexed as to how he could feel so good while being hit so hard in Sunday’s 13-5 loss to the Cubs, Dominic Leone buried himself in video on Monday.

Specifically, he cued up clips from Sunday’s debacle and from his outing on April 26. Leone allowed six runs in two-thirds of an inning in each of those appearances. What Leone didn’t find was any evidence that he had been tipping pitches, something that he had wondered about out loud after exiting Sunday’s game.

Rather, he found more nuanced issues. Leone also studied “some numbers and some trends” with catcher Yadier Molina, so the two could game plan how to get back on track.

“More or less just location really,” Leone said of his trouble spot. “It’s not even balls missing [over the] middle of the plate. We went back and watched the two explosive outings, and nothing was really left middle-middle that did damage. It’s tough because sometimes you almost look for something where you can say, ‘That’s it. That’s exactly what it is mechanics-wise.’ But there really isn’t anything.”

One thing there has been too much of is unfavorable counts. Kris Bryant’s grand slam on Sunday came after he had worked ahead, 2-1. Leone walked two others in the outing and served up a double to Javier Baez on a 2-1 pitch.

Between the two rocky outings, Leone did have a pair of scoreless ones. Those, along with video evidence, have the right-hander convinced that he’s not all that different than the pitcher who started the year quite strong. Prior to this run of trouble, Leone had allowed two runs over his first 11 1/3 innings this season.


Image

"Serve meatball over the heart of the plate" is all the tipping you need to give.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 7 19, 3:14 pm 
Offline
Mayor of GRB
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Posts: 32755
Location: Louisville
CardsofSTL wrote:
Quote:
The Cardinals activated outfielder Justin Williams from the 10-day injured list and optioned him to Double-A Springfield. Williams had been recovering from an injury to his right hand that he sustained when he punched a television in December. Williams is the Cardinals' No. 13 prospect, according to MLB Pipeline.


I really wish Williams had been quarantined before he infected Alex Reyes with inanimum pulsare syndrome.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group