GatewayRedbirds.com
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/

Dallas to Atlanta
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63607
Page 2 of 8

Author:  Cardsforlife [ June 6 19, 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

go birds wrote:
So is that pro-rated? Is he only getting around 7.5m?

Regardless, he really just not have wanted to pitch in STL if he took that deal.



Good question on pro rated. I think that is the pro rated.

The 13 Million is for half a season. That is pro rated amount

Author:  heyzeus [ June 6 19, 8:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

We couldn’t beat 1/13? I mean we have such a great 5th starter option, why would we want to do that.

Author:  Cardsforlife [ June 6 19, 8:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

NYY offered 1 / 11. Braves went to 13

Author:  Joe Shlabotnik [ June 6 19, 9:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

Cardsforlife wrote:
NYY offered 1 / 11. Braves went to 13

I Believe the Cardinals demanded (and got) 1/12so they could finish second.

Author:  Cardsforlife [ June 6 19, 9:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

lol

Author:  CardsofSTL [ June 6 19, 9:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

Guess we weren't all that seriously interested if that is all it took.

Author:  obucard [ June 6 19, 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

CardsofSTL wrote:
Guess we weren't all that seriously interested if that is all it took.


Which would be worse? This or finding out we offered 1/15 and he said no?

Author:  CardsofSTL [ June 6 19, 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

obucard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Guess we weren't all that seriously interested if that is all it took.


Which would be worse? This or finding out we offered 1/15 and he said no?


If he said no to us when we offered more money; then I wouldn't be mad at the team at all. It means we made the best offer and he just didn't want to come here; can't do anything about that.

Author:  JoeMcKim [ June 6 19, 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

Keuchel should've just accepted the Qualifying Offer from the Astros and he would've made about 1/18 instead. I know all the free agents just want to automatically turn down QO's but it could end up costing you the first half of the seasons if teams don't want to give up a draft pick for you. Maybe MLB should leave the QO system how it is except altering it to where only once in your career are you subject to receiving a QO.

Author:  Famous Mortimer [ June 7 19, 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dallas to Atlanta

JoeMcKim wrote:
Keuchel should've just accepted the Qualifying Offer from the Astros and he would've made about 1/18 instead. I know all the free agents just want to automatically turn down QO's but it could end up costing you the first half of the seasons if teams don't want to give up a draft pick for you. Maybe MLB should leave the QO system how it is except altering it to where only once in your career are you subject to receiving a QO.

Maybe they should get rid of the QO as it's simply a tool to make it more difficult for good-to-elite players to reach free agency.

Page 2 of 8 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/