David Ortiz shot in the Dominican Republic

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: David Ortiz shot in the Dominican Republic

Post by wart57 »

33anda3rd wrote:There's a big gap between participation trophies and saying someone getting shot over consensual sex = "accountability."

Murdering someone is not an eye for an eye measure. The guy tried to murder Big Papi. Big Papi did not "have it coming" or whatever macho nonsense one might want to apply.
Never said he deserved it.

My "never mind" was after I had a long post trying to explain my dark humor and telling people to lighten the [expletive] up and then changing my mind since it doesn't matter what I mean, some folks are going to take it to be something terrible and racist no matter what I say.

I didn't blame Ortiz for this, if you think I did that says a lot about your pre-conceived notions of me, and I really couldn't give a [expletive] less what you think of me. I have a few more things to say - but I really don't feel like getting banned.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

That was a weakass hit attempt.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

lukethedrifter wrote:That was a weakass hit attempt.
seems to me they were more or less just trying to send a message

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I think it is high time we try to reason with Drug Lords, let them know that their macho ideas are no longer acceptable in today's modern society.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

33anda3rd wrote:There's a big gap between participation trophies and saying someone getting shot over consensual sex = "accountability."

Murdering someone is not an eye for an eye measure. The guy tried to murder Big Papi. Big Papi did not "have it coming" or whatever macho nonsense one might want to apply.
Come on - a guy screws another man's wife and a criminal man at that? Sorry that is DUMB as well as wrong. I'll stand up and say it.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Spider John wrote:Some like dark comedy, some like to argue.
lol yeah guy who posts tiresome Burgundy memes on the regular has a real twisted sense of humor.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:

Come on - a guy screws another man's wife and a criminal man at that? Sorry that is DUMB as well as wrong. I'll stand up and say it.
He doesn't own her
[SHOW]
Morpheus voice: what if I told you people just want to [expletive] on Big Papi because his team beat the Cardinals

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
lol yeah guy who posts tiresome Burgundy memes on the regular has a real twisted sense of humor.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:

He doesn't own her
[SHOW]
Morpheus voice: what if I told you people just want to [expletive] on Big Papi because his team beat the Cardinals
[SHOW]
What if I told you that being undeserving of an extreme consequence does not discount the foolishness of the action that led to it?

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
speaking of tiresome posting............................