GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: September 1 19, 6:43 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Let me know when y’all agree on the definition of drug dealer.

PostPosted: September 1 19, 8:23 am 
Perennial All-Star

Quote:
The death of Tyler Skaggs was officially listed as accidental, but we're told the Southlake Police Department in Texas has assigned a homicide detective to investigate the case.

According to sources connected to the investigation, police have been honing in on a suspect who works for The Los Angeles Angels baseball organization. We are told the person is a "non-medical" member of the organization.

Our sources say, the illicit drugs found in his system upon his death were not prescribed to Skaggs and the belief is that they were "street drugs."

As we reported, Skaggs died with fentanyl in his bloodstream, along with oxycodone.

We're told the operating theory is that the suspect supplied Tyler with the medication when the team was in Texas for the game with the Rangers.

Skaggs had pitched in the previous games, before the trip to Texas, and was not expected to play.

We're told the suspect is believed to be someone who Tyler had a relationship with on the team, but was not a team doctor.

PostPosted: September 1 19, 8:39 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

No [expletive].

PostPosted: September 1 19, 9:09 am 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

No [expletive].

I'm partial to the Judean Popular Front for the Dealing of Elicit Substances.

PostPosted: September 2 19, 8:25 pm 
Single A Minor League Player

cardsfantx wrote:
Quote:
The death of Tyler Skaggs was officially listed as accidental, but we're told the Southlake Police Department in Texas has assigned a homicide detective to investigate the case.

According to sources connected to the investigation, police have been honing in on a suspect who works for The Los Angeles Angels baseball organization. We are told the person is a "non-medical" member of the organization.

Our sources say, the illicit drugs found in his system upon his death were not prescribed to Skaggs and the belief is that they were "street drugs."

As we reported, Skaggs died with fentanyl in his bloodstream, along with oxycodone.

We're told the operating theory is that the suspect supplied Tyler with the medication when the team was in Texas for the game with the Rangers.

Skaggs had pitched in the previous games, before the trip to Texas, and was not expected to play.

We're told the suspect is believed to be someone who Tyler had a relationship with on the team, but was not a team doctor.

I live in So Cal and heard that in the first few weeks of his passing that his family (namely his mother) did not want the coroner's report made public until after the season was over. Didn't want it to be a distraction to the team. ???? Sounds a little fishy, IMO.
And now the family wants to blame this on someone in the organization. Nobody forced him to take 2 dangerous drugs mixed with alcohol. He made that fatal decision. Sad. But nothing really surprises me these days.