7/4 GDT: Cardinals(Wacha)@Mariners(Milone) 3PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: 7/4 GDT: Cardinals(Wacha)@Mariners(Milone) 3PM CT

Post by Radbird »

4-6 in last 10 and we’re 1.5 out. What a division. lol

Imagine if we had been merely mediocre instead of horribly horrid.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Tim wrote:
Mary1966 wrote:On the bus going home. Series win! I’ll take it. It was great to see the Cardinals in person for the first time since 2016. There were Cardinals fans everywhere. One sat next to me and I asked him if he was from St. Louis and he said yes. The woman sitting next to me asked me if I was from from St. Louis and I told her I was from Tacoma and she asked me how I became a Cardinal fan. I just said, “It’s a long story.”
Can we send you to San Fran next?!?!?
You want to set up the GoFundMe? “Mary’s Road Trip - She Will Be Our Good Luck Charm”

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

There are some things I don’t see when I watch a game in person and only realize when I get home and read the wrap up. For example, in 2016, when I watched the Cardinals play the Mariners, I didn’t realize that Mariners manager Scott Servais had been ejected until I got home and read it in a newspaper article. Today I didn’t know that Shildt got bounced until I read a recap.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Cardinals_Spaceship wrote:Mariners are no good. Giants might be even worse. Another easy series coming up. This team will somehow be in first place at the All-Star break.
You sound excited.
Still the oddest troll on the board.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Tommy Edman is the hero we need but don't deserve.

Cardinals_Spaceship
Everyday Player

Post by Cardinals_Spaceship »

Edman is the latest player to come to the majors and get some of that famous Cardinals “pixie dust” or “Cardinals magic”, whatever you want to call it. Will he sustain it? We’ll see.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

It's easy and therapeutic to shed the tough, entitled internet sports fan skin and revisit your childhood wonder when you're actually at the game. Man, I love the Cardinals. Actually seeing them play was all I wanted as a kid, it also was impossible in the PNW.

Mary, I'm sorry I didn't coordinate a hello. I just get too anxious for that kind of thing.

I need to get a copy of the Cardinals broadcast, if anyone knows how. They took video of my family awkwardly waving at the camera in the concourse in our Cardinals and America gear. I'd love to see it if they used it.