A lot of cursing.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Re: Molina on Instagram...very angry

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
[SHOW]
A lot of cursing.
And he should be. that was brutal. It wouldn't be allowed at any other base. It should not be allowed at home. I thought they took care of this?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Just watched the video, wow. Typically not upset by collisions at the plate but the runner was a couple feet inside the baseline and purposefully altered his path into Lucroy despite Lucroy providing a lane to the plate. Looks like they correctly called the runner out, but still. [expletive] man. That was brutal.

I wonder if Lucroy, having provided a lane to the plate, wasn't ready for the blow at all making the contact worse.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Marisnick seems pretty sad about the way it happened. Said he last minute wanted to slide to the inside because he thought the throw was going to the outside.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Bang bang play. Tough to really tell what the runner was thinking, I'll take his word for it. But, that's not how it appears at all. Looks like Lucroy did everything he could to stay out of the lane on a ball that was going up the line and Marisnick at the last second decided to go into Lucroy. He was already inside the basepath for some reason and went even further inside to hit Lucroy. If he thought the throw was going to carry Lucroy outside, I guess his explanation makes sense but there's no way he was going to avoid Lucroy even if Lucroy did everything in his power to get out of the way to the outside... It happens so fast it's tough to with 100% certainty make Marisnick a villain, though on replay he clearly is in the wrong. And the call on the field reflects that.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Hope Lucroy is okay.

I'm with Molina here. If the guy truly didn't mean it, fine, but he will soon pay the consequences via suspension and likely some catcher/pitcher calling one way inside.

TigCards
All-Star

Post by TigCards »

Molina could have gotten his point across without all the foul language .
It wasn’t necessary.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

TigCards wrote:Molina could have gotten his point across without all the foul language .
It wasn’t necessary.
Maybe it was. He got some news outlets' attention and maybe he wanted to be emphatic.

Don't see the big deal about cursing. President does it weekly, why can't a HOF catcher?
Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on July 8 19, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

TigCards wrote:Molina could have gotten his point across without all the foul language .
It wasn’t necessary.
Based on the screencap I saw someone post, Yadi might be hot because some people were calling the play good hard baseball like from a time when men were men.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
It wasn’t necessary.
Based on the screencap I saw someone post, Yadi might be hot because some people were calling the play good hard baseball like from a time when men were men.
Good point.