Fire everyone and hire Jose DeLeon as GM
16%

Total votes: 44

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: 2019 Second Half

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Cardinals_Spaceship wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:Figure out who is going to be the AAAA player who gets called up and becomes a fleeting hero.
Tommy Edman
1 walk in 55 PAs. Not sure he will last. But hey, Wong also isn't doing too well at the plate.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Cardinals
2:51
Where would you rank availbale Cardinals players on the trade market; Wacha, JMart, and Wong. Any others I'm missing?

Craig Edwards
2:56
There's not a market for Wacha. The market for Martinez should have been greater last offseason, but they couldn't move him and now he's got a .140 ISO. The glove doesn't play unless he's hitting a ton of homers. There isn't much value there. As for Wong, the second base market has been flooded the past few years. Teams would certainly want him as he's a valuable player under contract for two more years, but he's not going to get a ton on the trade market. If the Cardinals want to make a trade from the major league roster and get a lot back, it's basically DeJong and Flaherty with Bader and O'Neill having some value. Everybody else already has a market value or worse contract.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Jocephus wrote:
You know he tore that thumb tendon tweeting about the Lucroy hit. Wonder if that's covered under the CBA.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Not too upset about getting Yadi's bat out of the lineup.

Also, Webb to Memphis.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

If we are just talking moves, I actually think I would sit tight, at least until we hit the deadline. The core players on this club need to climb their way out of the gutter or there is no one who can help them. I would rather save our already picked over group of high minors prospects for deals later rather than waste them on a team that is underachieving this much.

I don’t see much sell potential here either. Ozuna, maybe, but we will have to somehow find a way to suck worse for that to happen and I doubt that we will. The deadline isn’t far enough away for things to change that much in the division. Maybe one horrible week after the deadline would do it. 4-5 games under .500 with a week to go before the deadline.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I think the only trades are if you're ready to cut bait on Bader or O'Neill to give Arozarena a look. But I honestly don't expect any trades from the Cardinals at all.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I don’t see the point in buying or selling.

Didn’t someone say that a failure to trade Weiters was a fireable (Mo) offense? I tend to agree. Ergo I’m more seller than buyer.

Cardinals_Spaceship
Everyday Player

Post by Cardinals_Spaceship »

CardsofSTL wrote:I think the only trades are if you're ready to cut bait on Bader or O'Neill to give Arozarena a look. But I honestly don't expect any trades from the Cardinals at all.
That would be disappointing.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I’m assuming we’re not signing Ozuna, so get a top 100 and a lottery ticket for him if you can.