GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 24 19, 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: July 25 19, 4:19 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36751
Location: Huis Clos
dan_yall wrote:
Brad Thompson is a chinless nerd with an annoying voice. That's why he sucks. Jim Edmonds is a cool guy who f*cks. That's why he's great. It's how the world works, fellas.


I disagree that Jimmy is a cool guy. That aside, he certainly has a ton more to offer in the booth than BT.


Jimmy Ballgame non cool guy anecdote. Jimmy and his most recent wife or mistress walk into a matinee at Plaza Frontenac, maybe 10% full at most, and sit right in front of a couple a few rows ahead of me.
Also, there are plenty of nerds that have interesting stuff to say.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 26 19, 10:02 am 
Offline
Everyday Player
User avatar

Joined: May 23 12, 3:16 pm
Posts: 363
You guys are taking my eighth-grade bully level analysis way too seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 26 19, 1:54 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36751
Location: Huis Clos
Nope. Just taking it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 26 19, 3:56 pm 
Offline
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: portlandbugle.com
Pro tip: turn off the sound.

Baseball is vinyl season for me. You know who's better than Brad Thompson: Curtis Mayfield. That said it's hard to know exactly when to start the record so it syncs right with the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 26 19, 7:14 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: June 26 06, 8:54 pm
Posts: 11198
Location: kintore/yuendumu
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Pro tip: turn off the sound.

That's a dumb pro tip. Modern audio for baseball games is awesome, and not just because you can clearly hear a batter's thoughtful response when he pops-out on a hanging breaking pitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 26 19, 7:37 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36751
Location: Huis Clos
greenback44 wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Pro tip: turn off the sound.

That's a dumb pro tip. Modern audio for baseball games is awesome, and not just because you can clearly hear a batter's thoughtful response when he pops-out on a hanging breaking pitch.

Have you heard Brad Thompson?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 26 19, 8:28 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: June 26 06, 8:54 pm
Posts: 11198
Location: kintore/yuendumu
lukethedrifter wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Pro tip: turn off the sound.

That's a dumb pro tip. Modern audio for baseball games is awesome, and not just because you can clearly hear a batter's thoughtful response when he pops-out on a hanging breaking pitch.

Have you heard Brad Thompson?

Yes, I know he sounds like a douche bro. Thompson should be forced to move to Slovenia, so I can hear Matt Carpenter yell "[expletive]" every time he strikes out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 26 19, 8:29 pm 
Offline
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
User avatar

Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Posts: 24742
Location: Raptured
hot mics 4life


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 27 19, 1:45 am 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36751
Location: Huis Clos
greenback44 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Pro tip: turn off the sound.

That's a dumb pro tip. Modern audio for baseball games is awesome, and not just because you can clearly hear a batter's thoughtful response when he pops-out on a hanging breaking pitch.

Have you heard Brad Thompson?

Yes, I know he sounds like a douche bro. Thompson should be forced to move to Slovenia, so I can hear Matt Carpenter yell "[expletive]" every time he strikes out.

Now you’re talking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 27 19, 8:42 am 
Offline
Mayor of GRB
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Posts: 32780
Location: Louisville
lukethedrifter wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Pro tip: turn off the sound.

That's a dumb pro tip. Modern audio for baseball games is awesome, and not just because you can clearly hear a batter's thoughtful response when he pops-out on a hanging breaking pitch.

Have you heard Brad Thompson?

Yes, I know he sounds like a douche bro. Thompson should be forced to move to Slovenia, so I can hear Matt Carpenter yell "[expletive]" every time he strikes out.

Now you’re talking.


I worry that Carpenter will yell "[expletive]" right when the wind shifts, so the microphones won't pick up anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AWvsCBsteeeerike3 and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group