8/14 GDT: Cardinals(Hudson)@Royals(Keller) 7:15PMCT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: 8/14 GDT: Cardinals(Hudson)@Royals(Keller) 7:15PMCT

Post by Radbird »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I was impressed with Arozarena which admittedly doesn't take much these days. His AB in the 7th in particular where he didn't chase* despite the butterflies dancing in his stomach (I'd imagine) was nice to see. It's like he has, what's that thing called, we say it so little anymore I can't remember..... a good eye? Plate discipline? Good approach? Eh, whatever it is that's apparently no longer important. It was nice to see someone display it and not chase a pitch 2 feet outside with 2 strikes.

*That's right, even though the pitches were no where near the plate, he gets credit for not swinging as that puts him head and shoulders above most of the hitters on the Cardinals at this point.
the Anti-Grichuk

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Re: 8/14 GDT: Cardinals(Hudson)@Royals(Keller) 7:15PMCT

Post by dmarx114 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I was impressed with Arozarena which admittedly doesn't take much these days. His AB in the 7th in particular where he didn't chase* despite the butterflies dancing in his stomach (I'd imagine) was nice to see. It's like he has, what's that thing called, we say it so little anymore I can't remember..... a good eye? Plate discipline? Good approach? Eh, whatever it is that's apparently no longer important. It was nice to see someone display it and not chase a pitch 2 feet outside with 2 strikes.

*That's right, even though the pitches were no where near the plate, he gets credit for not swinging as that puts him head and shoulders above most of the hitters on the Cardinals at this point.
Good post. Your observation was spot on. Solid plate discipline in that at bat for sure.