8/19 GDT: MIL (Davies) @ STL (Hudson), 6:45 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Re: 8/19 GDT: MIL (Davies) @ STL (Hudson), 6:45 PM CT

Post by DeadMoney »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Bader called up just in time for his bobble head night. I know he’s had a decent run down in Memphis but I think we all have to laugh at how silly and obvious that one is.
Front office had to be fist pumping in their offices with every bomb he hit for Memphis the last couple of weeks knowing that he was going to be back for bobble head night regardless.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Considering how we've been handling the OF in Bader's absence and the elite qualify of defense that he provides for the sketchy backend of our starting rotation, I think Bader up is not only the right decision but a good decision. We often allow our evaluation of players to be based on what we've seen lately. Bader is not nearly as bad as he has been. His talent level is much higher than what he has shown this season. Not that he's elite or anything, but his offense should absolutely be ok enough and his defense is off the charts. Compare that to Edman, Munoz, and I'll take Bader everyday. Hopefully he's shaken off his slump.

Too bad Arozarena didn't have much of a chance, but that was predictable. Maybe O'Neill can come back hot and force some things for the final month. We really need one of Bader or O'Neill to get hot down the stretch. Gotta take a chance now that talent will show up and perform.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

O'Neill will go out on a rehab assignment later this week, and probably takes Munoz and his 73 OPS+'s roster spot.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Erik Bedard once took himself out of a game with a no-hitter going in the 7th inning just because he had a high pitch count. I watched the game, and you could clearly see he was gassed. He was playing for the Astros at the time and the Astros manager was going to leave him in.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »