GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 16 19, 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: September 6 19, 5:51 am 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21887
Location: Columbus, OH
Image

Image

Image

Cardinals @ Pirates
6:05 PM CT - September 6, 2019
PNC Park - Pittsburgh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 5:51 am 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21887
Location: Columbus, OH
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 5:52 am 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21887
Location: Columbus, OH
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 5:53 am 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 21887
Location: Columbus, OH
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 6:20 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Posts: 16853
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Playoff magic number is 17 with 22 to go. The team to beat is the Diamondbacks.*

*Not celebratory in nature - presented for informational purposes only. No baseball god has been affronted or disturbed. They only read topic titles anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 8:43 am 
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: September 2 17, 10:18 am
Posts: 451
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Playoff magic number is 17 with 22 to go. The team to beat is the Diamondbacks.*

*Not celebratory in nature - presented for informational purposes only. No baseball god has been affronted or disturbed. They only read topic titles anyway.


Agreed, the Dbacks are the only team realistically left in the wild card race. The Brewers and Phillies are hanging on by a thread. The dark horse team could be the Mets. It’s unlikely but apparently they have a relatively easy schedule remaining and with that starting rotation they could roll off some wins.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 8:47 am 
Offline
Everday Unicorn
User avatar

Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Posts: 34732
Location: Austin, TX
Sure seems like we play the Pirates every week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 9:14 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: December 20 07, 2:45 pm
Posts: 20227
Would be nice to be 3.5 up on the Cubs by Sunday night.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 9:15 am 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: March 3 09, 4:20 pm
Posts: 1257
Cardinals_Spaceship wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Playoff magic number is 17 with 22 to go. The team to beat is the Diamondbacks.*

*Not celebratory in nature - presented for informational purposes only. No baseball god has been affronted or disturbed. They only read topic titles anyway.


Agreed, the Dbacks are the only team realistically left in the wild card race. The Brewers and Phillies are hanging on by a thread. The dark horse team could be the Mets. It’s unlikely but apparently they have a relatively easy schedule remaining and with that starting rotation they could roll off some wins.


The Mets do not have an easy schedule.

Phillies
Dbacks
Dodgers
Rockies
Reds
Marlins
Braves

I wouldn’t consider that easy by any means.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 6 19, 9:29 am 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55229
Quote:
The Pittsburgh Pirates are 30-38 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the St. Louis Cardinals who are 33-35 on the road this season. The Pirates have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Pirates\' starter Joe Musgrove is forecasted to have a better game than Cardinals\' starter Miles Mikolas. Joe Musgrove has a 38% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Miles Mikolas has a 29% chance of a QS. If Joe Musgrove has a quality start the Pirates has a 73% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.9 and he has a 36% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Pirates win 60%. In Miles Mikolas quality starts the Cardinals win 63%. He has a 37% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 63% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Pittsburgh Pirates is Josh Bell who averaged 2.48 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 43% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Pirates have a 66% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Marcell Ozuna who averaged 2.42 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 40% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 62% chance of winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group