Rule 5 Candidates

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Rule 5 Candidates

Post by Popeye_Card »

Fat Strat wrote:
JoeMcKim wrote:Montero hit .188 in AA this year. Him suddenly being able to stick on a major league roster next year for the whole season is a big leap. He could bounce back and be valuable again but I doubt that I would waste a spot on the 40 man to do so.
Montero was 20 years old at AA. He’s still a legit prospect. Injured for a large portion of the year. I would pretty much ignore his stats, considering his situation, age, level.
The point stands though. Who is going to take him and keep him on a MLB roster?

Felix The Cat
Perennial All-Star

Post by Felix The Cat »

San Diego?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Popeye_Card wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
JoeMcKim wrote:Montero hit .188 in AA this year. Him suddenly being able to stick on a major league roster next year for the whole season is a big leap. He could bounce back and be valuable again but I doubt that I would waste a spot on the 40 man to do so.
Montero was 20 years old at AA. He’s still a legit prospect. Injured for a large portion of the year. I would pretty much ignore his stats, considering his situation, age, level.
Pittsburgh

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Popeye_Card wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
We thought that before