Who is playing for Springfield?

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
cardfaninfla
Everyday Player

Post by cardfaninfla »

Few, why in the world would Pop Warner NOT want Garcia? Does he feel he isn't ready?

fewgoodcards
Fringe Major League Player

Post by fewgoodcards »

i don't know why he wouldn't want him. he had him last year, maybe he thinks he needs a little more time before he makes the jump. our pitchers haven't exactly faired well making that jump from palm beach to springfield lately with hawksworth being that only guy who has really pitched well. maybe he just wants him to be as ready as he could possibly be. if i'm the manager, i would want garcia on my roster even if he wasn' completely ready. the guy is a stud and is going to win you games. here's the quote from the article

Minor league personnel continue to debate whether 20-year-old left-hander Jaime Garcia should open the season in Springfield, leaving the starting rotation undetermined Tuesday.

Garcia, rated by Baseball America magazine as St. Louis' No. 2 prospect, can make his case today in a game against Memphis. He remains on the Double-A roster, but it has become crowded with the addition of 2004 first-round draft pick Chris Lambert.

But St. Louis farm director Jeff Luhnow and Springfield manager Ron Warner have spoken in recent days in terms of Garcia being more of a probability than an outside contender. Warner said he believes Garcia should be held back in Palm Beach.

"But that's just my opinion," Warner said. "Jeff is good at listening to everybody. If three guys think (he's ready) and I say no, he'll be with us."

he doesn't really say why he thinks he should stay in palm beach, but it sounds like he may be in the minority. i went back and tried to find it, but i couldn't but i think there was an article earlier this spring where warner said he needs better command of his fastball. we know he doesn't walk very many people, but it sounded like warner thinks he needs to do a better job of locating his fastball within the strike zone.

they released another blog after that one saying they don't know when pomeranz will be ready to go and that will probably open up a spot for garcia.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

definitely gonna see 'em when they come to wichita