Results for April 5th (MiLB opening day)

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Results for April 5th (MiLB opening day)

Post by New Pagodi »

There are two finals already, neither pretty:

Springfield lost 7-1 to Midland. Box Log

Quad Cities lost 8-4 to Clinton Box Log

On the bright side, Memphis and Palm Beach are winning right now.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I'm going to make this it's own thread, this probably doesn't go here.

Thanks for the updates by the way, NP.
Last edited by haltz on April 5 07, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Post by New Pagodi »

Meh! Falkenborg coughed it up in the 9th for Memphis. Palm Beach is the only Cardinal team with a win this week.

Memphis lost 5-4 to Oklahoma Box Log

Palm Beach won 9-3 against Jupiter Box Log
Last edited by New Pagodi on April 5 07, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team
Everyday Player

Post by Team »

Springfield didn't look too bad. I realize they were held in check at the plate but Dallas Braden is a AAA pitcher at worst. He led the minors in wins in 2005 and was here a couple months last season before being sent up. He won't be here long. He had off-season surgery which is why Oakland started him in Midland.

Parisi was supposed to start for Springfield, but apparently he tweaked his hamstring since the team arrived in Midland.

Mather's HR was a BOMB, they have a good team, but this RockHounds team has some pretty good talent and some decent minor league players surrounding the prospects.

PHILLYCARD
Veteran Player

Post by PHILLYCARD »

Another bright spot was Daryl Jones for QC who hit a HR in a 1 for 4 effort. Good start for a breakout year...

Also Tyler Norrick for Palm Beach pitched a gem in his first start going 6inn allowing 4 hits and had 4 Ks Hes somebody to keep and eye on...

cardfaninfla
Everyday Player

Post by cardfaninfla »

On the Mexican league front Amuary Marti hit a home run last night and in two games with his Mexican team he is hitting .500 with 5 RBI.

The other loaned player from the Cards, RP Russ, was a good news bad news story. The good news is he got teh win last night, the bad news is he blew the save giving up 2 runs in the 9th to get it.

Team
Everyday Player

Post by Team »

Second game, Springfield vs Midland

Lambert looked good today, but it was about 30 degrees outside with a 15 MPH wind blowing in and drizzle about 1/2 of the game. The Cardinals scored one in the 7th and 2 in the 8th to take a 3-run lead into the ninth. Chris Perez came in to close and gave up a hit and a walk after getting the first man out. Brian Snyder came up, who was with us the first part of last season and is TERRIBLE at hitting outside pitches. So on a 3-1 pitch Perez tries to go on the outside part of the plate and Snyder hits it the other way (now the wind is blowing out to right) and hits a HR to tie the game 3-3 (way to go Izzy)<<<<sarcasm.

Springfield went quietly in the 10th and the 'Hounds got a base hit to start the 10th and then a chopper over Mather's head and then the ball rolled under Jay's glove for the winning run to cross the plate from 1st.

It was freezing tonight and it had to be tough to stay warm, especially inbetween at bats, so I'm not sure how clear this game was, but it was very exciting, mostly for the front office who were about the only people that were still there

New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Post by New Pagodi »

Thanks. One question. Was it Jay or Gorecki with the error in the 10th. I could understand if it was Jay, but it’s more disturbing if it was Gorecki since at this point I think his best attribute is his defense. Then again, with the weather, I probably shouldn’t worry about it.

Team
Everyday Player

Post by Team »

You are correct, it was Gorecki, he was charging the ball as it was coming towards him and he just didn't have his glove all the way down on the ground and th ball rolled under it.

By the end of the game last night it was coming down fairly well. I wouldn't put too much on any player in this game. It was miserable out there, I'm sure everyone was just happy to get warm.

As for todays game, we put the tarp on after last night's game and we have gotten a lot of sleet over night. I had about 1/4 inch of ice on my car coming to the stadium this morning so the tarp is now frozen on the field, and with the way the weather looks, I highly doubt we have baseball tonight.

So good luck to Springfield the rest of the year and we will see them when they come back to start the second half of the season in June