Narveson goes 7 for Memphis in win

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
cardfaninfla
Everyday Player

Narveson goes 7 for Memphis in win

Post by cardfaninfla »

Chris Narveson threw 7 innings of 1 hit ball today to lead Memphis to a 7-3 win. Ankiel had a 3 run home run to blow the game open as Narveson had given up 2 runs on only 1 hit. He walked the bases loaded in teh second and gave up a sac fly. The game was tied 1-1 without Narveson having given up a hit. The one hit was a home run that put Memphis down 2-1. The Ankiel HR was part of a 5 run inning that put Memphis ahead for good 6-2.

Narveson walked 4 on the day and struck out 7.

PHILLYCARD
Veteran Player

Post by PHILLYCARD »

Its funny to me that he wasnt even mentioned to get a start when Carp went down. I wouldnt mind seeing him get a spot start if they get in another jam. Obviously Hawk isnt ready and Kiesler, well, we really dont know much about him except for his one quality start. If he has a rough start next time out maybe we see Narv.

cardfaninfla
Everyday Player

Post by cardfaninfla »

I think the thing that scares them with Narveson is how he can just lose it at times. He alked 4 guys for teh game which isn't so bad but if you look closer with one out in the second inning he walked 3 straight batters. To his credit he got a sac fly and then got out of the inning and didn't walk another guy until the 6th or 7th inning. But that second inning could have been a disaster. You can't walk three straight guys when pitching at the big league level.

The other, and maybe more importent, is since Narveson had to clear waivers to go back to Memphis, if he is called up I don't think he can be sent back down without clearing again. So if he does well there is no way he clears and you would have to send someone else down. I doubt Narveson gets a call up until he is ready to go back on teh 40 man roster and stay there.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

I said in the Carpenter posts that we should expect them to move Kinney to the 60 day DL and Narveson added to the 40 man. It's a no-brainer move. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Kinney's not going to be back within 60 days and there really aren't any better candidates for the 40 man than Narveson.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

Narveson's out of options so adding him to the 40-man means adding him to the 25-man. I can understand their wait-and-see attitude.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

greenback44 wrote:Narveson's out of options so adding him to the 40-man means adding him to the 25-man. I can understand their wait-and-see attitude.
Oh, duh. Forgot about that.