2007 Draft

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I forgot to look through my scorebooks for Grant Monroe this past weekend. I'll try to remember tonight or tomorrow night.

I also saw that a guy who plays in my (former) amateur league, Kyle Erdman, got drafted in the 40th round by the Astros. (I retired after last season, and he just started playing this season, so I didn't get to face him.)

Don't know why he's playing at my skill level, but he may not be playing there anymore.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

jdk82
All-Star

Re:

Post by jdk82 »

jdk82 wrote:Giants select

14. Madison Bumgarner, lhp
School: South Caldwell HS, Hudson, N.C. Class: Sr.
B-T: R-L. Ht.: 6-5. Wt.: 220. Birthdate: 8/1/89.
Scouting Report: In terms of physical features, arm slot and velocity, Bumgarner could be considered a lefthanded version of Phillippe Aumont. He pitches with less effort and has better fastball command than his Canadian counterpart. But the knock on Bumgarner is the lack of a true secondary pitch. He pitches off his best weapon, a 92-94 mph fastball that has been up to 97 this spring. It has late life and finish. He has tried multiple grips and shapes with his breaking ball, and at times has flashed a fringe-average pitch that has tilt and late snap at 81 mph. Like Aumont, Bumgarner throws from a low three-quarters release point, which he doesn't repeat well, and that makes achieving downward action on his breaking ball difficult. His changeup is a below-average pitch that should improve when and if he throws it more often. Because of his size, athleticism and velocity, Bumgarner is a surefire first-rounder. The club that believes he can come up with a true breaking ball down the line could pop him as early as 10th or 11th overall.

W L ERA G SV IP H BB SO
7 2 0.72 10 0 58 24 8 100
Haha Bumgarner could be Phillipe Aumont

jdk82
All-Star

Re: 2007 Draft

Post by jdk82 »

2007 draft was horrible for St. Louis