40 man roster updated

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
picasso
All-Star

40 man roster updated

Post by picasso »

I found this at Future Redbirds. I put it up in the minor league forum, but thought it significant enough to put up here. Feel free to move or lock it if you want.
40 man roster updated
November 20, 2007 — erik
Per Kary Booher Jarrett Hoffpauir, Jason Motte, Kyle McClellan, Mark Worrell and Mike Parisi have all been added to the 40 man roster. That will leave Matt Scherer and Stuart Pomeranz exposed, and I doubt either will be drafted in the upcoming Rule 5 draft that will be held at the end of the winter meetings.

Booher seems pleasantly surprised Motte was added to the 40 man, I would’ve been surprised if he wasn’t on.

Update: Per the Birdhouse, Cavazos and Falkenborg were released.

picasso
All-Star

Re: 40 man roster updated

Post by picasso »

In related news, rotoworld is reporting that Cody Haerther was just designated for assignment by the Blue Jays.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

picasso wrote:In related news, rotoworld is reporting that Cody Haerther was just designated for assignment by the Blue Jays.
"future hall of famer" Cody Haerther, I believe you mean

GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer

Post by GatewaySnayke »

Thank goodness for no more Cavazos.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

I'm surprised about Falkenborg. It seems he was their "go to" guy whenever we were stretched really thin last year.

Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song

Post by Jmodene »

Falkenborg may well be back; his being outrighted to AAA (which makes him a free agent) is simply for roster flexibility. Of course, the risk is that he could be offered a deal by someone else, but I don't think we'd worry too much if that were to happen.

Surprised the Jays DFA's Haerther so quickly. It'd be funny if we put a waiver claim on him. ;)

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

Jmodene wrote:Falkenborg may well be back; his being outrighted to AAA (which makes him a free agent) is simply for roster flexibility. Of course, the risk is that he could be offered a deal by someone else, but I don't think we'd worry too much if that were to happen.

Surprised the Jays DFA's Haerther so quickly. It'd be funny if we put a waiver claim on him. ;)
I can hear Cody laughing up in here in Chicago.

Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song

Post by Jmodene »

There appear to be a couple of typos on the Cards website as far as the 40-man roster goes.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/tea...n.jsp?c_id=stl

Note that John Rodriguez is still listed, although Rodriguez has supposedly stated on his blog that he was informed he was being released.

More odd is the inclusion of *Micah* Hoffpauir on the 40-man roster, right under *Jared*. I suspect, in this case, that somebody at MLB.com got the two of them confused, since I can't imagine we'd deal for another 1B/OF type, especially another lefty hitter:

http://minors.baseball-reference.com...s.cgi?pid=6712