Kane County Cougars now Royals affiliate

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Kane County Cougars now Royals affiliate

Post by jim »

Given the state of the Royals farm system I was tickled to death to find this out. They were the A's.

Swirls
gone fission

Re: Kane County Cougars now Royals affiliate

Post by Swirls »

So who now has the Burlington Bee's, which was the Royals affiliate in the Midwest League?

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Swirls wrote:So who now has the Burlington Bee's, which was the Royals affiliate in the Midwest League?
Oakland.

jim

Post by jim »

So they just swapped. I never even heard news of it until I was looking through BA's prospect list looking for A's prospects I might get a chance to see. It mentioned Burlington, and then I went team by team looking to see who was here.

I'm really appreciate having a minor league team nearby. One of my favorite things to do is in the spring while school is stilll in session they have noon games through the week so the rugrats can have a fun field trip I guess. I'll go to the game and get a box seat for $12, usually within the first few rows far away from the school crowd, buy a couple of hot dogs loaded with kraut and spicy mustard, wash it down with a coke and watch 4-5 innings or whatever my schedule allows for the day, and head back to work.

Best lunch ever.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

jim wrote:So they just swapped. I never even heard news of it until I was looking through BA's prospect list looking for A's prospects I might get a chance to see. It mentioned Burlington, and then I went team by team looking to see who was here.

I'm really appreciate having a minor league team nearby. One of my favorite things to do is in the spring while school is stilll in session they have noon games through the week so the rugrats can have a fun field trip I guess. I'll go to the game and get a box seat for $12, usually within the first few rows far away from the school crowd, buy a couple of hot dogs loaded with kraut and spicy mustard, wash it down with a coke and watch 4-5 innings or whatever my schedule allows for the day, and head back to work.

Best lunch ever.
I thought it was 10 degrees at noon during Spring in that Arctic wasteland that you call home.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

lukethedrifter wrote:
jim wrote:So they just swapped. I never even heard news of it until I was looking through BA's prospect list looking for A's prospects I might get a chance to see. It mentioned Burlington, and then I went team by team looking to see who was here.

Best lunch ever.
I thought it was 10 degrees at noon during Spring in that Arctic wasteland that you call home.
He'll be wearing this ensemble:
ImageImage

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i wish wichita still had the royals AA team

but no, now we are treated with the wingnuts

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

jim wrote:Given the state of the Royals farm system I was tickled to death to find this out. They were the A's.
Any inkling as to why they swapped with Burlington?

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Best lunch ever.
We have the lunch thing here, too. Oddly, they do it more early in the season while kids are still in school. I guess they figure Monday nights early in the season aren't a big draw, anyway, so why not try a daytime game for the lunch crowd? They also work in school groups. I wish I got more than a 1/2 hour for lunch so I could give it a shot.

I couldn't recall the exact date, but it must have been July 19 last year. It was my favorite Monday all year. Took a day of vacation, left my house at 9:00 for a 10AM game up in Clinton (about 45 minutes away). They had some big day camp promotion going on. I watched about 7 innings of that game, then left there about Noon so I could make it back to Quad Cities for a 1PM afternoon game. There is something to be said for having late July games at 10AM in the Midwest.

jim

Post by jim »

I don't get that much time for lunch either, but sometimes I can get creative with my scheduling.