Minors highlights

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: Minors highlights

Post by pioneer98 »

QC had a very special team this year. There were 14 guys by my count that had played together at Johnson City last year. They won the championship there, too. Also, Jonathan Rodriguez kind of took it on himself to take a bunch of the latin players under his wing this year, and I think that group formed a tight bond, too. Here is another article from QCOnline:

Bandits sweep up first title since 1990
"I've won a World Series with the Florida Marlins. And, I've been in the College World Series with Miami," Manager Rodriguez said. "But this is my No. 1 all-time memory. Nothing can beat this. They all contributed and that's why no one will ever forget this, going 7-0 in a playoff run."
This season was the most fun I've had following the Bandits. Saw the game at Busch Stadium, saw the MWL HR Derby and All-Star game here. Won Oscar Taveras' jersey in that auction and then got to see them close out the championship. I took a ton of photos last night, but I think this one was my favorite:

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Good stuff pioneer...thanks.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

Championship caliber coverage all season from Pioneer on a Championship team. Good stuff all around.

a_smith
Perennial All-Star

Post by a_smith »

thanks for the updates Pioneer.

They are appreciated.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

No problem! I've enjoyed finding an outlet to share all this MWL stuff.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

The 2011 World Series trophy made it to QC this past weekend. They also showed off the 2011 MWL trophy with it. I was able to get my picture with both, and I saw both teams win them! My Dad & I saw game 7 together, so it was neat to get our picture together with the trophy. Also got my wife in the photo with the MWL trophy, who was with me to see that clincher. It was a neat thing, probably never get to do that again.

Pictures spoilered for size:
[SHOW]

a_smith
Perennial All-Star

Post by a_smith »

great pics pioneer.