Cody Stanley Suspended

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Cody Stanley Suspended

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

LangoschMLB #STLCards catcher Cody Stanley has been suspended for first 50 games of yr for violating Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment program

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: Cody Stanley Suspended

Post by JoeMcKim »

How are the Cardinals ever going to survive without Cody Stanley?

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

QCTimes - Cardinals prospect Stanley hit with 50 game suspension
Stanley was suspended after testing positive for Methylhexaneamine and Tamoxifen.
I'm guessing those aren't recreational drugs.

I got to meet Cody several times last year, got his autograph on a photo, and my wife and kid even got to hang out with him on the field during some MWL All-Star game activities. It's a little weird and disappointing. Seemed like a good guy, the little that we interacted with him. Of course, he's just trying to make the big-time.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

pioneer98 wrote:QCTimes - Cardinals prospect Stanley hit with 50 game suspension
Stanley was suspended after testing positive for Methylhexaneamine and Tamoxifen.

I got to meet Cody several times last year, got his autograph on a photo, and my wife and kid even got to hang out with him on the field during some MWL All-Star game activities. It's a little weird and disappointing. Seemed like a good guy, the little that we interacted with him. Of course, he's just trying to make the big-time.
Methylhexaneamine was originally created as a nasal decongestant. It's a legal substance, though many sports are banning it since it's like a light version of amphetamines. They even sold products containing the drug on military base stores up until just a few months ago when the DoD had them pulled because two soldiers died during training and the drug was found in their systems. My guess is it was a bit of ignorance on Stanley's part that got that drug into his system.

Tamoxifen is a drug used with breast cancer patients to block estrogen receptors. I'm not really sure how this couple enhance athletic performance.

I think I would have chosen different drugs if I wanted to illegally improve my game.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

cards2468 wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:QCTimes - Cardinals prospect Stanley hit with 50 game suspension

Methylhexaneamine was originally created as a nasal decongestant. It's a legal substance, though many sports are banning it since it's like a light version of amphetamines. They even sold products containing the drug on military base stores up until just a few months ago when the DoD had them pulled because two soldiers died during training and the drug was found in their systems. My guess is it was a bit of ignorance on Stanley's part that got that drug into his system.

Tamoxifen is a drug used with breast cancer patients to block estrogen receptors. I'm not really sure how this couple enhance athletic performance.

I think I would have chosen different drugs if I wanted to illegally improve my game.
Sorta like how when Manny was first suspended for estrogen pills or something.

Bizzy15
Veteran Player

Post by Bizzy15 »

Update from Cody: He's about 2 weeks from returning and he's not sure where he'll be at to start his season.

Bizzy15
Veteran Player

Post by Bizzy15 »

Cody has been assigned to the Palm Beach Cardinals after serving his 50 game suspension