Indiana University- C/ Kyle Schwarber

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
IndyCards13
Everyday Player

Indiana University- C/ Kyle Schwarber

Post by IndyCards13 »

Kyle is a catcher and sometimes first baseman for the Hoosiers. He led the Hoosiers in home runs and also led them to their first ever College World Series. He's eligible for the draft this summer. He was selected as the best catcher in the country by Perfect Game, last year. He even hit a home run out of the ballpark in Nebraska, which was a minor league park. We all know that Yadi is aging, and it's about that time to either draft or develop our catcher of the future. Kyle has the pop in his bat and looks to be a solid replacement for Yadi. He still has plenty of time to develop and if the Cardinals can draft him, they can develop him how they want, like they have with other prospects.

2013 Stats at IU:

18 HR, 65 R, 152 total bases, .647 slugging, .456 OBP, 42 BB, .366 batting average, 54 RBI, 86 hits. He also had a .989 fielding percentage.

STL_Cards
Get off my damn lawn you whippersnappers!

Re: Indiana University- C/ Kyle Schwarber

Post by STL_Cards »

I would like to see the Cardinals draft him. He seems like an exciting player.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I've heard of him, in fact I was hoping Indiana played in the Chicago area sometime this year as they have several top 100 prospects on the team.

IndyCards13
Everyday Player

Post by IndyCards13 »

jim wrote:I've heard of him, in fact I was hoping Indiana played in the Chicago area sometime this year as they have several top 100 prospects on the team.
The closest they go to Chicago is, Champaign, Illinois to play the Illini.