Jacob Nix enrolls in prep school and I am very confused

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Jacob Nix enrolls in prep school and I am very confused

Post by jim »

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/ja ... g-academy/

I don't get it. I thought IMG was a prep school? I thought he graduated HS last spring? The article doesn't really explain much other than he is eyeing the 2015 draft. I just don't get - how is this possible?

edit - ok, n/m, I guess IMG also is a private CC as well. I didn't realize that.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Re: Jacob Nix enrolls in prep school and I am very confused

Post by jim »

And now Brady Aiken has enrolled. Pretty nice 1/2 punch for essentially a JC team.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Jacob Nix enrolls in prep school and I am very confused

Post by Jocephus »

jim wrote:And now Brady Aiken has enrolled. Pretty nice 1/2 punch for essentially a JC team.
Brady Aiken left his first start with IMG Academy on Thursday after just 12 pitches.
No word on why he left the game, but John Manuel of Baseball America writes that "rumors that he's not 100 percent right physically have persisted all spring." Aiken, of course, was selected No. 1 overall by the Astros last June before they pulled their offer off the table after the pre-signing physical reportedly revealed an elbow issue. The two sides failed to reach an agreement, so Aiken is pitching with IMG Academy in advance of reentering the draft this year. Stay tuned.
Source: Keith Law on Twitter
Mar 19 - 4:52 PM