Cards Top 10 (Baseball America)

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: Cards Top 10 (Baseball America)

Post by 33anda3rd »

jim wrote:Typically the way BA does it is to factor in what they call "Risk". That is risk of meeting their projected grades - or their potential. Cooney will have very low risk, so it will cause his rating to rise.
Yeah, I think this is a big difference between BA and Prospectus. While BA uses risk to elevate guys with low risk and downgrade high-risk players, Prospectus gets super-duper dreamy on toolsheds and does not ground themselves as much.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Pretty interesting that he ranks the Cards organization in the 10-15 range even after all the talent that has left the past couple years. Would be awesome if some of those bats they picked up last year panned out.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

It's still pretty deep, especially with pitching. One star and then alot of backend rotation guys, but like they said in there a 4 starter is a guy you run out there in a playoff game. Plus some position guys in the lower levels that have intrigue - Sosa, Mags.

I've seen Carson and I just can't get that excited, although I confess I saw him when he really hadn't been behind the plate much. At the time I thought Beane was clearly the better defender.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

the lack of offensive talent is a serious concern.

This is why i wish they would dabble in the international market. Not the taveras' and c-marts of the world, but the solers/cespedes/puigs of the world.

UofIx3
AA Minor League Player

Post by UofIx3 »

Best Podcast in Baseball also has an interview with Baseball America's John Manuel that wrote the Cardinals chapter in the upcoming prospect book:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 98e92.html