BP's Organizational Rankings

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
go birds
-go birds

BP's Organizational Rankings

Post by go birds »

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=28774

can ya'll view that? I have a sub, but its hard to differentiate what is sub material and what is free.

in short, we are ranked 19th and it doesnt even warrant a small blurb by the writers.

I know im the board pessimist, but i think it's time to start questioning the organization leadership as a whole, starting with Mo, ESPECIALLY given the recent events (the HACK, whispers of a dysfunctional clubhouse, etc).

I only say this because the org's always lauded as being on of the best run organizations in baseball, but im beginning to think otherwise. Our farm system is turning into crap, wins are going to be down, coaches are looking to jump ship (Oquendo), etc. There is dysfunction in this organization.

Sure, you could argue always picking towards the end of the draft has a direct impact on talent in the farm.

but then there are teams like the dodgers (#1), red sox (#5), pirates (#6) and rangers (#9) that have been winning and maintaining good farms systems.

This draft and international signing period is going to be big for Mo and co. imo.

ETA: oops, i completed glossed over the 1 sentence they dedicated to the birds....they mentioned Alex Reyes.

a_smith
Perennial All-Star

Re: BP's Organizational Rankings

Post by a_smith »

That BP thinks our farm is below average is hardly surprising given all of the talent that we have sent to the bigs in the last few years.
If you think that BP's ranks of prospects are worthwhile and that this is further indication that we should question MO (not my idea, but it is one that you seem to profess), then you should also account for the fact that they also rate us as having some of the best 25 and under talent in the bigs.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=28308
they wrote there "This is a staggering collection of young talent. While a few critical offseason departures have pushed the Cardinals below Chicago, and perhaps Pittsburgh, in the NL Central hierarchy for the moment, St. Louis is well-positioned to make a run at their long-time rivals in the coming years." - Brendan Gawlowski

Having a staggering collection of young talent sounds good. This is after Tavaras died and we had to trade away Miller.
Props to MO is my takeaway.