Minors 2016

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: Minors 2016

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

No. I never really look at that stuff TBH.

Cheddar Tom
Perennial All-Star

Post by Cheddar Tom »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:No. I never really look at that stuff TBH.
I am joking....not about his BABIP having to eventually come down but every time someone gets off to a good start the smartest person in the room has to say something about that player's BABIP.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Cheddar Tom wrote:
I am joking....not about his BABIP having to eventually come down but every time someone gets off to a good start the smartest person in the room has to say something about that player's BABIP.
I thought you might have been but wasn't sure.

Weak contact is another favorite of mine.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

30 K's to 7 BB though. hard to ignore the other numbers.

I wonder if phins position has really changed any especially considering he's playing CF.

also slight rant regarding VEB: i miss futureredbirds.com. VEB has essentially ruined it. I'm not even really much of a fan of VEB anymore, if im being completely honest. the format is awful, some of the blogging has gone all DEADSPIN and the message board is too annoying/confusing to follow.

Cheddar Tom
Perennial All-Star

Post by Cheddar Tom »

The comments section is prob. the worst part.

Bader's K/BB is concerning....it's hard to carry a 4:1 ratio and be a productive hitter unless you have the off-the-charts contact skills. I'm still excited though

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i definitely dont read VEB nearly like i once did. i actually don't mind the comments section, usually the main reason i go there. however, i go there to find funny/unique cardinal related gifs or gifs of plays made during the game that otherwise would be slow/difficult to find. i dont go there to read the actual comments though.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I legitimately couldn't tell you the last time I was at VEB. I may click on a tweet but I never actively search it out.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Cheddar Tom wrote:
Just to be "that guy" (and I know you were joking), since a HR isn't in play, it doesn't impact their BABIP.

*Ducks*

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

go birds wrote:30 K's to 7 BB though. hard to ignore the other numbers.

I wonder if phins position has really changed any especially considering he's playing CF.

also slight rant regarding VEB: i miss futureredbirds.com. VEB has essentially ruined it. I'm not even really much of a fan of VEB anymore, if im being completely honest. the format is awful, some of the blogging has gone all DEADSPIN and the message board is too annoying/confusing to follow.
I've always liked him, it's just that you have to hit a ton to be a regular LF'er in the big leagues. He still has some swing-and-miss to his game, but he's clearly outperformed what you'd expect from a 2nd round pick (off the top of my head he was a 2nd).

It's hard not be excited about a kid already hitting at AA. You can glean a lot about a prospects status from their first go-around in AA...especially if successful at a young age for the league as Bader is.

Padsfs
Everyday Player

Post by Padsfs »

Cheddar Tom wrote:The comments section is prob. the worst part.

Bader's K/BB is concerning....it's hard to carry a 4:1 ratio and be a productive hitter unless you have the off-the-charts contact skills. I'm still excited though

One thing to consider is that he had 13 K's in his first 7 games and 17 in his next 23 games. I think he adjusted well. He only had 1 walk in those first 7 games too. Also, he has been HBP 3 times this season, which adds to the OBP, but isn't included in a K:BB ratio.