Where is Phins going to be posting his draft analysis

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Where is Phins going to be posting his draft analysis

Post by cardinalkarp »

phins wrote:Wow, I am humbled that anyone cares to read my stuff, let alone write a post specifically asking where it will be.

I've probably always shared too much on this board, but I have a lot of personal stuff on my plate right now. This past month has been the worst of my life. I am extremely blessed to have my wife and many other awesome people in my life who care about me to keep me upright and my head somewhat up.

I've started trying to write again several times, but the joy is just not in me right now. My father passed away yesterday (on my birthday no less) and I can clearly feel the icy grip of pain and depression on my life. He raised me when my mother never really wanted to be bothered with it. My biggest cheerleader and supporter is gone from my world.

Life will get better-I know that- but right now I don't when or if I'll ever get back to my labor of love again.
I'm very sorry to hear that Phins, as clichéd as it sounds try and stay strong. Things are still so raw and fresh right now hearing anyone's advice that suggests things will get better only has one feel like telling them "how would you know [expletive] about this if you haven't been through it". And admittedly, I'm saying this as someone who hasn't lost their parents, but watched my wife lose her father (and her absolute hero in her life) suddenly to cancer. He was the type that would never go to the doctor and by the time he did they diagnosed him w/ stage 4 lung cancer and it had spread into his bones. From the time of diagnosis to when he passed was a little over a week and he was heavily sedated much of the time. There was no time for goodbyes, no time spent remembering all the good times they had together and it has left a wound on her heart that will never heal. While time has eased the pain to an exte (it's been over 4 years), it's still there for her everyday and probably will be for the rest of her life. It makes me sad just thinking of the pain she must feel.

I can only imagine how bad you feel right now and I hope the days ahead get easier for you.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

phins wrote:Wow, I am humbled that anyone cares to read my stuff, let alone write a post specifically asking where it will be.

I've probably always shared too much on this board, but I have a lot of personal stuff on my plate right now. This past month has been the worst of my life. I am extremely blessed to have my wife and many other awesome people in my life who care about me to keep me upright and my head somewhat up.

I've started trying to write again several times, but the joy is just not in me right now. My father passed away yesterday (on my birthday no less) and I can clearly feel the icy grip of pain and depression on my life. He raised me when my mother never really wanted to be bothered with it. My biggest cheerleader and supporter is gone from my world.

Life will get better-I know that- but right now I don't when or if I'll ever get back to my labor of love again.
I'm so sorry, phins. Please accept my condolences.

Please take your time, and take care of yourself. Just know that I've admired and valued your insight and knowledge all these years. You're very much respected and appreciated.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Had the memorial service for dad yesterday. I think it went pretty well.

My sister wasn't in any shape to speak, so I had to give an impromptu speech since I wanted to thank everyone for coming. I had more planned, but about halfway through I felt the wheels coming off the train so I aborted and skipped to the send-off.

I am sort of shell-shocked at this point. My pops was just always there. If I didn't text or call in a few days you could guarantee you were getting some call or text checking on me. Funny, it used to annoy me sometimes (dad, I'm fine, I'm just camping or whatever)...now I can't think of much more I'd rather get today.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Thanks for checking in.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Hope we have enough draft picks to make this worth your time, phins.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

In the, "what in the world have I done to you karma, I am sorry" phase of the world, we had our son on October 20th, and he was born with bilateral vocal cord paresis and is still in the NICU.

He had surgery to have a tracheostomy on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We are thankful that he is resting more comfortably, now we just wait for him to eat. If he doesn't improve on that quickly, we will have to have another surgery to insert a port into his stomach and out his side called a G Tube.

There was a time we had hoped to be home by Christmas, but that's looking less likely now. We had our house on the market over the summer and then took it off before Lane was born. The last person to look at it made an offer two months later and now we close on January 2nd.

I say all of this to say I just haven't had the time to invest on this topic like I'd like to. I spend most of my free time with either my daughter, or up at the hospital.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Tough start for the little guy. Hang in there, Dad. I wish you the best.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

lukethedrifter wrote:Tough start for the little guy. Hang in there, Dad. I wish you the best.
Ditto. I know he's gonna fight through it.