proposal for this section

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
cardzilla
AA Minor League Player

proposal for this section

Post by cardzilla »

it looks like this section is a little forgotten. did someone once say keep minors talk separate from majors?

i ask because the proposal is just merging the 2 sections together. that way minors talk would gain more traction.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Re: proposal for this section

Post by Tim »

cardzilla wrote:it looks like this section is a little forgotten. did someone once say keep minors talk separate from majors?

i ask because the proposal is just merging the 2 sections together. that way minors talk would gain more traction.
I'm with you

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

thirded--never understood why it was a separate forum

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

go birds wrote:thirded--never understood why it was a separate forum
We used to have Daily Farm Reports when the board first started... mostly from New Pagodi, then from me, and a few others along the way. Due to time constraints, we both eventually gave it up. It was never truly the most active part of the board, but it was more active than it used to be.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

I check this section everyday for anything new. I do miss those reports from Pagodi & Crowes

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

I would be onboard with merging the sections together, but it'd be good to make it clear in the title.

I've pretty much let myself slip away from minor league writing/research due to the death grip that suck has had over my life in 2016.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

I agree that there's not much going on here, but because it's quiet, it's easy to find old threads as a reference point. I kind of like that. Years ago, these minor league threads used to get lost in the main forum. I don't think we have that much traffic now, so it wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

st.lewis11 wrote:I check this section everyday for anything new.

Me too.

It's only a click away!

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

The problem with a minors forum is it's hard to really say that much about guys you don't actually get to see them play games ever. I mean you can look up their box scores everyday but you can't really have any indepth conversations even then.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

JoeMcKim wrote:The problem with a minors forum is it's hard to really say that much about guys you don't actually get to see them play games ever. I mean you can look up their box scores everyday but you can't really have any indepth conversations even then.
You do realize not everyone on here lives in St. Louis, right? I myself haven't seen the Cardinals live since 2013 when I saw them in the World Series at Fenway. I haven't been to Busch III since the summer of 2009.

I have been to roughly 20-30 minor league games since my last game involving the actual Cardinals.

So yes, some of us actually get to see these guys play live. Much more so than the parent club.