Sickel's Cards Top 20

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Sickel's Cards Top 20

Post by Fat Strat »

This is a very optimistic look at the Cards prospects. I enjoyed reading it. Consider this about the list... a catcher that Sickels sees as being "in the majors a long time" is #9 in our system. We have 8 guys that he likes more than Carson Kelly. Not surprising, but I think we all view Kelly as a future major leaguer with the potential to be an impact player. We have 8 guys that have the chance to do more.

Overall, I would say he's on the high end of hopefulness when it comes to several -- Luke Weaver as a #3 starter stands out (but, that depends on your definition of #3 starter, I guess) -- but that makes it fun to read.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/12/ ... s-for-2017

go birds
-go birds

Re: Sickel's Cards Top 20

Post by go birds »

If luke weaver can be a solid #3, i'd be happy with that.

A future rotation of Reyes/CMart/Weaver? Yes please.

PA_Hiker
Everyday Player

Post by PA_Hiker »

Looks like a pretty fair analysis to me. The Cards have done very well for themselves lately in the talent accumulation department. Much of it is raw and young but there's also a good chance that several of these guys will become stud prospects that will really bolster the team in the next 3-4 years.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

If we hadn't lost Cordoba in the Rule 5 draft, where do you think he'd be on this list, if at all?

Felix The Cat
Perennial All-Star

Post by Felix The Cat »

In the comments, Sickels says he would be lumped in with the C+ group for now

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

the general consensus is that cordoba will be a card again right around the end of spring training

Woolkins
Everyday Player
Location: Discovering a portal that leads literally into the head of John Mozeliak

Post by Woolkins »

What's the ideal scenario for Cordoba? It does seem very likely he's sent back our way. But I'm thinking it might be better to work out a deal with San Diego. Let them keep Cordoba, who they obviously like. In return we get a prospect we won't have to worry about making a 40 man decision every year.

I view Cordoba behind Perez, Sosa and Alvarez for middle infield prospects. We also have Edman and Martinez around. Our current middle infielders are 26. Even Valera, you could squint and see that being who Cordoba becomes.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Valera is a non-prospect to me, he'll get the bat knocked out of his hands at the big league level.

Cordoba is a kid that will move to 2B due to his arm in my mind. I like him, and hope we get him back, but I'd side more with Sickels here.