Keith Law's Top 100

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Re: Keith Law's Top 100

Post by phins »

A super smart prospect guy wrote this about Bader. It also happens to be said super smart prospect guys' first published article (even though it doesn't have his name listed since he didn't yet know exactly how to publish it through Word Press).

http://www.baseballranks.com/2017/01/18 ... ng-report/

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Nice article phins!

phins

Post by phins »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Nice article phins!
Thanks friend. I have tried not to publicize it much, since it's probably bad form to try to drive traffic elsewhere. I guess I'm going to write for them, and I am currently working on the Cards top-25 list.

It's sad to be a sellout, but they're actually paying me to write them, and that seems pretty cool. I'm even going to be in an eBook, which is honestly not something I'd ever have imagined.

The owner actually found me because of my stuff written here, so I definitely owe all of you fine folks for this opportunity.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

phins wrote:
Thanks friend. I have tried not to publicize it much, since it's probably bad form to try to drive traffic elsewhere. I guess I'm going to write for them, and I am currently working on the Cards top-25 list.

It's sad to be a sellout, but they're actually paying me to write them, and that seems pretty cool. I'm even going to be in an eBook, which is honestly not something I'd ever have imagined.

The owner actually found me because of my stuff written here, so I definitely owe all of you fine folks for this opportunity.
Congrats phins! Well deserved and not a surprise at all. You will do very well, I am sure.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

phins wrote:

This is awesome. Congrats dude.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Nice Phins! Keep posting them here, too!

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

phins wrote:

Awesome man! I've always thought you should be paid for the type of write-ups you did. No one is perfect when it comes to projecting prospects, but it seemed like you always had a nice mix of physical attributes, mechanics, and data analysis in your opinions.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Congrats, Phin! That's really great.

Weaver is a top 100 for some, not for others. I think Lance Lynn fell into the same category. There's no doubt that he can be a quality MLB pitcher -- either a solid starter or a good reliever. Those guys are immensely valuable if not very sexy.

Edit: I'm a little surprised that Flaherty is on the top 100 and Weaver's not. It seems to me like Flaherty is on track to become like Weaver. Maybe a touch higher but with a higher probability of not getting there at all.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Top sleeper prospects in 2017 for every team

http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=6739

St. Louis Cardinals: Sandy Alcantara, RHP

Of anyone not currently on the top 100, Alcantara has the best chance to leap into the top 50 next year, especially if his breaking ball ends up even average over the course of 2017.

phins

Post by phins »

Tim wrote:Top sleeper prospects in 2017 for every team

http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=6739

St. Louis Cardinals: Sandy Alcantara, RHP

Of anyone not currently on the top 100, Alcantara has the best chance to leap into the top 50 next year, especially if his breaking ball ends up even average over the course of 2017.
I mean, when we say sleeper prospect, I guess I'd want to know what he means there. Some places have him our #2 prospect, and since Reyes really isn't a prospect anymore, he's #1 for some as far as true prospects go.