GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 26 19, 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Keith Law's Top 100
PostPosted: January 29 17, 6:50 pm 
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

A super smart prospect guy wrote this about Bader. It also happens to be said super smart prospect guys' first published article (even though it doesn't have his name listed since he didn't yet know exactly how to publish it through Word Press).

http://www.baseballranks.com/2017/01/18 ... ng-report/

PostPosted: January 29 17, 8:29 pm 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Nice article phins!

PostPosted: January 30 17, 9:28 am 

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Nice article phins!

Thanks friend. I have tried not to publicize it much, since it's probably bad form to try to drive traffic elsewhere. I guess I'm going to write for them, and I am currently working on the Cards top-25 list.

It's sad to be a sellout, but they're actually paying me to write them, and that seems pretty cool. I'm even going to be in an eBook, which is honestly not something I'd ever have imagined.

The owner actually found me because of my stuff written here, so I definitely owe all of you fine folks for this opportunity.

PostPosted: January 30 17, 9:33 am 
Hall Of Famer

phins wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Nice article phins!

Thanks friend. I have tried not to publicize it much, since it's probably bad form to try to drive traffic elsewhere. I guess I'm going to write for them, and I am currently working on the Cards top-25 list.

It's sad to be a sellout, but they're actually paying me to write them, and that seems pretty cool. I'm even going to be in an eBook, which is honestly not something I'd ever have imagined.

The owner actually found me because of my stuff written here, so I definitely owe all of you fine folks for this opportunity.

Congrats phins! Well deserved and not a surprise at all. You will do very well, I am sure.

PostPosted: January 30 17, 10:57 am 
Consider him admonished

phins wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Nice article phins!

This is awesome. Congrats dude.

PostPosted: January 30 17, 11:10 am 
Perennial All-Star

Nice Phins! Keep posting them here, too!

PostPosted: January 30 17, 11:19 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

phins wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Nice article phins!

Awesome man! I've always thought you should be paid for the type of write-ups you did. No one is perfect when it comes to projecting prospects, but it seemed like you always had a nice mix of physical attributes, mechanics, and data analysis in your opinions.

PostPosted: January 31 17, 4:14 pm 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Congrats, Phin! That's really great.

Weaver is a top 100 for some, not for others. I think Lance Lynn fell into the same category. There's no doubt that he can be a quality MLB pitcher -- either a solid starter or a good reliever. Those guys are immensely valuable if not very sexy.

Edit: I'm a little surprised that Flaherty is on the top 100 and Weaver's not. It seems to me like Flaherty is on track to become like Weaver. Maybe a touch higher but with a higher probability of not getting there at all.

PostPosted: February 3 17, 10:35 am 
Consider him admonished

Top sleeper prospects in 2017 for every team

http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=6739

St. Louis Cardinals: Sandy Alcantara, RHP

Of anyone not currently on the top 100, Alcantara has the best chance to leap into the top 50 next year, especially if his breaking ball ends up even average over the course of 2017.

PostPosted: February 3 17, 10:32 pm 

Tim wrote:
Top sleeper prospects in 2017 for every team

http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=6739

St. Louis Cardinals: Sandy Alcantara, RHP

Of anyone not currently on the top 100, Alcantara has the best chance to leap into the top 50 next year, especially if his breaking ball ends up even average over the course of 2017.

I mean, when we say sleeper prospect, I guess I'd want to know what he means there. Some places have him our #2 prospect, and since Reyes really isn't a prospect anymore, he's #1 for some as far as true prospects go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next