Expanded Netting

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Expanded Netting

Post by pioneer98 »

They are putting in expanded netting in our park. It will basically cover all the seats in foul territory. Any other parks doing this?

http://qctimes.com/sports/baseball/prof ... um=twitter

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Expanded Netting

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Haven't heard anything about our park, but there is a beer garden down the right field line. It starts about at the end of the infield and has a few rows of bleacher seating along the field and then has a big open patio for people to hang out. I'd bet 80% of the people in the patio don't pay attention and obviously a lot of scorchers get hit into that area.

One time a ~5 year old and his dad were there with his dad talking to a guy that he'd just run into with their backs to the field. An absolute rocket gets hit right at them and I had to stop the ball from hitting the kid iirc. Dumbasses. But, at the same time, it's the way the park is set up.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It wasn't a minor league game or a foul ball but at Busch II I was in Homer's Landing with a group from work during batting practice when a woman I work with was smoked by a Pujols BP bomb. She was talking to somebody and none of us were paying attention to BP (beer line!) when she just got drilled in the side. Some jerk from another group that was in there climbed under the table and tried to take off with the ball. Thankfully people from his group and ours persuaded him to give the ball to the woman who got hit by it. It's only the nice thing to do. I would have had a hard time giving the ball up but I would have in the end as well. I've never caught a foul ball, homer... anything. I'll be that jerk who doesn't give it to a kid if I should ever get one. I've been waiting 38+ years dang it!!!

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Steve Bartman's life would be a lot better if they had netting in front of him, then he would've never been put in that position. Just saying.