Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread

Post by cardsfantx »

CardsofSTL wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:nice tidbit in that article as well, about 20 year old prospect Carlson that's already in AA Springfield...
Carlson had a three-hit game Saturday with three RBIs. In the S-Cards' first five games, he's hitting .368/.391/.737 with a homer and three extra-base hits.
Is this the [expletive] Carlson thread or the Gorman thread? Right...Gorman. Get your facts straight tx!

Are those tears I see?

Tags:

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Nolan Gorman, 3B, St. Louis Cardinals
Level: Low-A Age: 18 Org Rank: 3 FV: 50
Line: 2-for-5, 2 HR
Notes
The Cardinals gave Gorman some reps with the big league team during spring training, and a scout told me they thought it would make Low-A, where Gorman struck out 37% of the time for a month of 2018, appear slower and easier by comparison. He has reached base in each of his 2019 games, and six of his 10 hits have gone for extra bases. We considered Gorman one of the more advanced high school bats in last year’s class (he and Jarred Kelenic were the only two in that top tier) and thought he might move quickly if the strikeout issues that popped up during his senior spring could be remedied. It looks like Gorman is just going to strike out a little more than is ideal, but he also appears poised for a quick move to the upper levels of the minors. When is the right time for promotion? I’d give opposing pitchers the chance to make adjustments to Gorman, and vice versa, which means waiting until mid-May when he sees Beloit, Quad Cities, Wisconsin, and Cedar Rapids for the second time. If he hits until then, and those clubs can’t find a way to get him out the second time they see him, perhaps we see Gorman in Hi-A just after he turns 19.
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/daily-prosp ... -4-9-2019/

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Peoria is only 2:40 away, one of these weeks when I'm off on a Monday & Tuesday go up for a Monday game. I definitely want to pull the trigger on this before he gets promoted to AA and AAA which are still close by but a little bit further of a drive.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Sounds like a good road trip to me. Go to Peoria Hofbrau. Or Johnny's Italian Steakhouse if you are a big spender.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I will be making this trek

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

You guys should go together and document the entire thing on GRB's Road Trip section.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

CardsofSTL wrote:You guys should go together and document the entire thing on GRB's Road Trip section.
AKA The Antique Road Show.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I'm 75% sure I'm going to do this trip on Monday as long as there is no signs of it raining in Peoria on that day. Probably drive up on Monday morning then go to see a movie while in Peoria around noon then after that find somewhere to go eat before going to the game. Then after the game head back home, if I'm too tired on way home I'll just pull over into a rest stop and rest for a while before heading home. I figure that it's a pretty easy trip since you drive on I-55 all the way until you get to the city. Edit: Just checked the weather and it appears there is going to be scattered thunderstorms in Peoria, might have to wait to another week. Damn.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Power is there but the K-BB could be better.

I would like to see him take a few more walks in the coming weeks.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »