20%
4%
38%

Total votes: 50

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Favorite Cardinals Home Runs-Postseason

Post by CardsofSTL »

Hard to narrow it down to just ten selections; so I tried to mix it up so we would have some from a couple of different decades; and I did not select any after the 2011 World Championship; though I was tempted on a couple (especially the Adams off Kershaw HR). But that will be for a different poll on a different day.

I figured to let the votes play out on this for about a week; then take the top one or two vote earners out of the selection and create a new poll to see how the votes change.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Favorite Cardinals Home Runs-Postseason

Post by Freed Roger »

I feel like we did this one once. But all good.

Got to go with Freese. If Cardinals didnt lose to Astros in that series the Pujols off Lidge would contend.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger wrote:I feel like we did this one once. But all good.

Got to go with Freese. If Cardinals didnt lose to Astros in that series the Pujols off Lidge would contend.
New blood; new ideas.

Posting these I was noting how many of these big home runs preceded eventual heartbreaking losses. But they were still good times; good times.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Freese may have the best home run in baseball history. Down to last strike of the season (for like the 10th time that night) and doing it for your home town. Doesn't get much better. Hollywood better make a movie about his story, especially with starting off his career with a lot of personal demons.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

CardsofSTL wrote:

New blood; new ideas.

Posting these I was noting how many of these big home runs preceded eventual heartbreaking losses. But they were still good times; good times.
I remember them all pretty well. even the ones I wasnt following live (at work or playing HS sports in 80s) , I recall catching it later (Like Clark's) and going berserk, filling in the blanks where now I am almost thinking I was taking it in live
I guess this phenomena explains why 299,453 people were in attendance for 2011 game 6. (my sister actually was)

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

New blood; new ideas.

I remember them all pretty well. even the ones I wasnt following live (at work or playing HS sports in 80s) , I recall catching it later (Like Clark's) and going berserk, filling in the blanks where now I am almost thinking I was taking it in live
I guess this phenomena explains why 299,453 people were in attendance for 2011 game 6. (my sister actually was)
My boss was at Game 6 that bastard...while I was attending a conference in bumble [expletive] West Virginia on his behalf. He told me about it the next day. Prik.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I was there for it. It was awesome.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

By the way you are allowed to vote for two selections on this poll.

MDCardsFan
All-Star

Post by MDCardsFan »

Some great ones indeed, though I think Jack Clark's might be my favorite of all time

Just watched them all. Freese and Clark are right there with the goosebump factor.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Taguchi HR has to be the most underrated. seemed the 83-81 team was toast until then. and it was Taguchi.