2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by Hoot45 »

lukethedrifter wrote:That kind of win against the Kings is going to create a kind of creeping optimism within the cynical Blues fan despite his lifetime of dashed hopes.
That game was a rollercoaster. I went from wanting to burn my Blues jersey to looking at how much money was in my savings account so I could buy Stanley Cup tickets when the time comes. The real test is this next game. I'd like to see the Blues beat the Kings again and prove that this one wasn't just a fluke (as fun as it was).

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

Tank is on pace for over 50 goals. I don't think it's going to happen, but that would be pretty freakin' awesome.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Looks like LA returned the favor last night. I only caught the 1st period, but Kings were definitely taking the body in that one.

Not that the Asylum is the most reputable place, but it sounds like Petro had a pretty bad game.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

I watched all of last night's game. Blues went up 3-0 and then relaxed. Kings got a few goals back and some momentum and the Blues could never get going again. This was a letdown and I sure hope they learn from it.

I will also say the Kings scored on a number of PP goals that resulted from awfully touchy and controversial calls. A few of them I still couldn't point out the penalty on the replay. So even though the Blues really screwed it up themselves, they were truly handicapped by the officiating crew. And I'm not one of those people who is always looking at the refs when his favorite team loses.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Hoot45 wrote:I watched all of last night's game. Blues went up 3-0 and then relaxed. Kings got a few goals back and some momentum and the Blues could never get going again. This was a letdown and I sure hope they learn from it.

I will also say the Kings scored on a number of PP goals that resulted from awfully touchy and controversial calls. A few of them I still couldn't point out the penalty on the replay. So even though the Blues really screwed it up themselves, they were truly handicapped by the officiating crew. And I'm not one of those people who is always looking at the refs when his favorite team loses.
The other problem is Martin Brodeur looks 42.

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

TheoSqua wrote:The other problem is Martin Brodeur looks 42.
It's been a fun novelty, but we really need one of the best goalies in the league back.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

As a young goalie, Brodeur was my idol. Seeing him get hot and leading the Blues to a cup would've been my hockey wet dream.

I can't wait until Elliot is back...

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

ZigZagCardsFan wrote:As a young goalie, Brodeur was my idol. Seeing him get hot and leading the Blues to a cup would've been my hockey wet dream.

I can't wait until Elliot is back...
Same here on all accounts.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Brutal loss to the Sharks. Got a point, but we were 20 seconds from earning 2.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

mikechamp wrote:Brutal loss to the Sharks. Got a point, but we were 20 seconds from earning 2.
You'd think they would win when they get goals from Berglund and Ott (OTT!)