GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 24 17, 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Thread
PostPosted: May 24 17, 3:16 pm 
tl;dr

Well, postponed until 2021 because of the 'construction delays'

PostPosted: June 23 17, 1:04 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

The Chiefs canned their GM. I still have no idea what the [expletive] they are doing.

PostPosted: June 23 17, 1:53 pm 
'Burb Boy

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
The Chiefs canned their GM. I still have no idea what the [expletive] they are doing.

We were all stunned in our newsroom. I know he wasn't exactly the best at managing the salary cap but his record speaks for itself.

I don't know if there was a rift between Dorsey and Reid after cutting Maclin. I hope it wouldn't be something that petty but I can't say.

PostPosted: June 23 17, 8:31 pm 
99% conan clips

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

We were all stunned in our newsroom. I know he wasn't exactly the best at managing the salary cap but his record speaks for itself.

I don't know if there was a rift between Dorsey and Reid after cutting Maclin. I hope it wouldn't be something that petty but I can't say.

i was over at my folks place today and they being baby boomers still get a newspaper. i hadn't heard of his firing (not that i keep up with NFL news) until today when i saw the paper on the kitchen table. i don't know a damn thing about anything but i did find it odd. the eagle didn't flat out say it but it read (to me) that reid got power/sway with the owners to do this (i also skimmed the article, i could be way off). each year i get less interested in football but i still inevitably hear much about it so this news did surprise me. whatever, hah.

PostPosted: July 13 17, 8:48 am 
99% conan clips

Quote:
NFL Teams Split Record $7.8 Billion in 2016, Up 10 Percent

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... 10-percent

PostPosted: July 14 17, 3:17 pm 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

It was strange to say the least. Wondering if it really didn't have anything to do with football itself (and player selection) and more to do with personalities and management style. From the outside, Hunt/Dorsey/Reid sure seemed like a great match -- like, one of the best recently constructed owner/coach/GM matches in the game. It sure seemed like all lollipops and gumballs and the results were starting to show up on the field. I guess appearances can be deceiving. Dorsey probably liked Arthur Bryant's and Reid was a Jack's Stack man... that's probably the real issue.

Not sure it really matters. GM's aren't exactly the ones doing the scouting and player development. With hiring Veach, it seems like the Chiefs want to keep doing what they're doing, but do it with a different personality at the helm.

PostPosted: August 1 17, 2:29 pm 
'Burb Boy

PostPosted: August 2 17, 8:08 am 
tl;dr

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

I'm sure the Rams aren't done fighting it and will come up with some other way to drag that on. They also have the nerve to claim that the state actually owes THEM $400k. After all they did to screw over the city and state, they are STILL being complete dicks about everything. They probably spent way more than $325k to fight the tax bill in courts as it is.

PostPosted: August 8 17, 1:32 pm 
tl;dr

A friend sent me a screen capture of a Tweet yesterday that was just too good. Somebody actually posted a story with the headline, "Philly practices without Cox, Johnson and Smallwood."

PostPosted: August 11 17, 10:55 am 
'Burb Boy

Rams pick up Sammy Watkins and a 6th from Buffalo for EJ Gaines and a 2nd.

Bills also send Ronald Darby to Philly for Jordan Matthews and a 3rd.

Letting that Zeke suspension drop to make moves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next