2017-18 NBA Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread

Post by Jocephus »

whats the deal with kawhi? does he just not like san an'ton?

landrus13
Single A Minor League Player

Post by landrus13 »

Jocephus wrote:whats the deal with kawhi? does he just not like san an'ton?
I'm not sure. Spurs say he's healthy. His group or whatever they are say he isn't exactly healthy or ready to go. Some "experts" say he's not happy with management and may want out. I'll believe that when I see it. Hard to see him playing anywhere but San Antonio.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The Pelicans should just pay for all of Mirotic's razor blades if he's going to play like this clean-shaven.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

landrus13 wrote:Warriors are pretty lucky imo. I think the Spurs give them a run if they have a healthy Kawhi. Warriors haven't looked that good without Curry. I'm a big Pacers fan so I'm hoping they can dethrone LeBron and take him out. Highly doubtful though. NBA won't let him go out early and ruin their ratings.
The Warriors are lucky because Kawhi is out, even though the Warriors two-time MVP is out? And the Warriors don't look good even though they're putting like 114/game in this series on a team who only allowed 99.8/game in the regular season?

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

landrus13 wrote:
Jocephus wrote:whats the deal with kawhi? does he just not like san an'ton?
I'm not sure. Spurs say he's healthy. His group or whatever they are say he isn't exactly healthy or ready to go. Some "experts" say he's not happy with management and may want out. I'll believe that when I see it. Hard to see him playing anywhere but San Antonio.
He'll probably play for the Warriors next year.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I hate to be too critical because I have no idea what is going on with him medically, but it certainly appears that he's all but bailed on his teammates and organization. When Pop is making weird comments like "It's up to Kawhi's people" and "I don't know what to tell you" it's not good. Rumor is he'd like to get dealt to LA, which might work for everyone. Pop could get Randle and Ingram or something and LA could get Kawhi and lure LeBron if LeBron hasn't already signed in Philly.

As a tangent, Kawhi also backed out of extension talks with Jordan Brand because he thought 4 years at $5MM/year wasn't reflective of his standing in the league. It's like, c'mon dude. Tim Duncan was a better player in better standing in the league than Kobe Bryant, but Kobes still are like the 3rd-4th best seller on the market and no one ever ran out to buy a pair of Tim Duncan kicks. That stuff is about style not how well you defend the pick and roll and Kawhi falls short on style. Even a guy like Russ, who has been a NBA fashion icon for like 4 years, was only getting $5MM/year on his shoe deal until this year. Only the really big dogs who also have some style get super paid on sneaker deals.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Woot.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

NO looked good!

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

NO cut about 20 feet off of the court yesterday. On D they moved forward engaging Dame and CJ well above the arc as they brought the ball up and on O they pushed all the way to the rim. It was incredibly impressive, especially the defensive effort by a team who spent the year not playing a hell of a lot of defense. Will be fun to watch if they keep it up, not just AD and Jrue being monsters but also Niko chipping in a baby double-doulble while playing commendable post D, Playoffs Rondo dishing out a pile of dimes and Moore playing the role of agitator.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Can the Pacers hang on?