GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 10 19, 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: December 1 19, 11:43 am 
-go birds

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Definitely a bad finish to the season, and it looked like the team let go of the rope. But, I didn't expect Odom to be canned. Wonder if they have a plan in place. Not that Odom was/is irreplaceable, but he also was a good fit with some reason for optimism going forward. I get that you cant' lose to wyoming, vandy, and Tennessee on a year in hyear out basis. Still, even that doesn't really explain the move at this point.

not to mention that mizzou is in bad shape financially. figured they would have ridden that one out

PostPosted: December 2 19, 5:29 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: December 4 19, 2:51 am 
Perennial All-Star

I understand all of the hype of playing in the SEC, but I think that Mizzou should've just stayed in the Big 12.

PostPosted: December 4 19, 9:27 am 
likes to grate his own cheese

JoeMcKim wrote:
I understand all of the hype of playing in the SEC, but I think that Mizzou should've just stayed in the Big 12.

I agree. I don't follow anymore because of it.

PostPosted: December 4 19, 9:47 am 
Perennial All-Star

JoeMcKim wrote:

they get paid a hell of a lot more, on TV where eyes around the nation can see (I live in TX and every mizzou game I can see with a basic cable package), prestige for recruits about playing in the top conference in CFB, etc, etc, etc...

yes from a competitive standpoint, they prob would win more games if they were in the big 12...but the big 12 still has Oklahoma, which we'd never beat...and the SEC east isn't treacherous typically. hell we've won it 2 times in the short time we've been in the SEC.

there's a lot more positives than negatives about playing in the SEC.

and we have to remember, we switched in a time when everyone was (or was thought) to be fleeing the big 12, and we had to make sure we had a solid spot to land. the best conference in college isn't a shabby place to land. at least we're not A&M and have to be in the SEC west.

PostPosted: December 4 19, 9:50 am 
Perennial All-Star

go birds wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Definitely a bad finish to the season, and it looked like the team let go of the rope. But, I didn't expect Odom to be canned. Wonder if they have a plan in place. Not that Odom was/is irreplaceable, but he also was a good fit with some reason for optimism going forward. I get that you cant' lose to wyoming, vandy, and Tennessee on a year in hyear out basis. Still, even that doesn't really explain the move at this point.

not to mention that mizzou is in bad shape financially. figured they would have ridden that one out

don't let them fool you...they have money if they need it. they've got some huge donors that will give money for what they believe in.

they shelled out a pretty penny in their appeal process, and have said they can double the CFB coach's salary from what they paid odom if necessary.

PostPosted: December 4 19, 2:21 pm 
-go birds

cardsfantx wrote:
go birds wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

don't let them fool you...they have money if they need it. they've got some huge donors that will give money for what they believe in.

they shelled out a pretty penny in their appeal process, and have said they can double the CFB coach's salary from what they paid odom if necessary.

I mean...maybe...but where were the big boosters when pinkel retired?

PostPosted: December 4 19, 2:53 pm 
Perennial All-Star

go birds wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
go birds wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

I mean...maybe...but where were the big boosters when pinkel retired?

They seemed pretty set on Odom, so big $ wasn’t needed (just my opinion of course)

They’ve been having trouble for several years getting people to come to the games, but still found 100 million dollars for the south end zone renovations they just finished up.

I have no idea if they will swing for the fences, or if a huge name would even want to come there...but I don’t believe for a second that $ would be a deterrent if they found a big name/needed $ to pay them.

PostPosted: December 5 19, 11:33 am 
Perennial All-Star

Sports Illustrated talks about my alma mater.

PostPosted: December 5 19, 12:14 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

obucard wrote:

Without looking it up, most famous nfl alum from each school?

Spoiler: show
Cliff Harris
Roy Green

/i was a total football nerd as a kid
//i think i got it right

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next