Boxing

A forum for non-baseball sports
ntexascardfan
AAA Minor League Player

Re: Boxing

Post by ntexascardfan »

If Maidana had more stamina that would have been a real interesting finish.

The first four rounds I was thinking "wow, Maidana could really control this thing", but Maidana tired out around round seven and with the exception to a few bursts, Mayweather controlled the fight for the most important rounds.

Maidana laid out a blue print though, I think a skilled fighter with some endurance could take out Mayweather. Makes me think that MAYBE Pacman could get to him if he can keep the fight on the ropes.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Five years too late, but I'd still get order the PPV.
LAS VEGAS -- Promoter Bob Arum told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday that Manny Pacquiao has agreed to terms for a May 2 bout with Floyd Mayweather, and that the only thing in the way of the long-awaited fight occurring is Mayweather's approval
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/pr ... 34983.html

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Five years too late, but I'd still get order the PPV.
LAS VEGAS -- Promoter Bob Arum told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday that Manny Pacquiao has agreed to terms for a May 2 bout with Floyd Mayweather, and that the only thing in the way of the long-awaited fight occurring is Mayweather's approval
Would you for $99? I think that price point is a big mistake, but we'll see.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
I wouldn't for $99, but I've rounded up about 5 guys. 20 bucks apiece isn't painful, and I'd rather watch it with a group of buddies anyway.

You're right though...... $99 is too much.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

I'm kind of surprised Mayweather's domestic abuse isn't getting more play through the mainstream sports channels. Maybe it will as the fight approaches. Seems like a hot button right now.

Between that and ducking this fight for all the years when it might have been close, I want him to lose so bad. Too bad he won't.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Yes, and it looks like I won't be alone.
The estimated numbers for the fight are staggering and break all previous records: The bout could bring in $400 million to $500 million in revenues. More than 3 million people may pay up to $99 for the pay-per-view, and a 60-40 split in the pot between Mayweather (guaranteed $120 million) and Pacquiao (guaranteed $80 million) could skyrocket. Win or lose, Mayweather will take home more pay in a single day than any athlete has ever made in a single year.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102597136

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

MrSaigon wrote:Between that and ducking this fight for all the years when it might have been close, I want him to lose so bad. Too bad he won't.
This is what I think too. He is the best defensive fighter since Ali, and will run and hide for six rounds, probably stealing one or two of them. Manny will get tired and Floyd will win the last six with pat-pat-pat, run - pat-pat-pat, run. I really hope I'm wrong.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Would you for $99? I think that price point is a big mistake, but we'll see.
I wouldn't for $99, but I've rounded up about 5 guys. 20 bucks apiece isn't painful, and I'd rather watch it with a group of buddies anyway.
Same. I have 7 people, each with a plus-one, so $14/couple. That's less than the price of a movie for what could end up being a pretty great fight. I'm covering booze and putting out a little food and everyone else bringing food, so it's maybe $35/couple for them and a bit more for me for the dent in my liquor cabinet.
stlouie_lipp wrote:This is what I think too. He is the best defensive fighter since Ali, and will run and hide for six rounds, probably stealing one or two of them. Manny will get tired and Floyd will win the last six with pat-pat-pat, run - pat-pat-pat, run. I really hope I'm wrong.
Or Manny could catch him early and often with that fast left hand and it could be an early night. This is going to be a great event, even if it's not a great fight.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

33anda3rd wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:This is what I think too. He is the best defensive fighter since Ali, and will run and hide for six rounds, probably stealing one or two of them. Manny will get tired and Floyd will win the last six with pat-pat-pat, run - pat-pat-pat, run. I really hope I'm wrong.
Or Manny could catch him early and often with that fast left hand and it could be an early night. This is going to be a great event, even if it's not a great fight.
I hope so. He thinks he can. Manny Pacquiao promises Freddie Roach a knockout of Floyd Mayweather