John Madden retired

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

John Madden retired

Post by thrill »

YES

Hopefully a press release from Frank Caliendo is right behind his.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: John Madden retired

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

about [expletive] time

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

How he was able to win a Super Bowl, and never have a losing season as coach is one of the world's great mysteries.

BenNX74205
All-Star

Post by BenNX74205 »

Was he pretty awful for the last few years? Yes.

Was Caliendo's parody of him eerily accurate? Yes.

Was he a Hall of Fame coach? Yes.

Was he a great broadcaster? Yes.

I'm not saying he hasn't been rant-worthy for the last few years, but maybe his retirement thread would be better-suited for focusing on the latter points, instead of the former.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

BenNX74205 wrote:I'm not saying he hasn't been rant-worthy for the last few years, but maybe his retirement thread would be better-suited for focusing on the latter points, instead of the former.
Why?

BenNX74205
All-Star

Post by BenNX74205 »

thrill wrote:
BenNX74205 wrote:I'm not saying he hasn't been rant-worthy for the last few years, but maybe his retirement thread would be better-suited for focusing on the latter points, instead of the former.
Why?
Respect?

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

BenNX74205 wrote:
thrill wrote:
Why?
Respect?
Huh?

He's been bad. I'm glad he's retiring. I don't think that is disrespectful. I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but I don't like listening to him talk.

Furthermore, I don't know John, the only effect he's had on my life is that I've played his video game and listened to his color commentary. It's not like he's a fireman or in the military. He's a color commentator for the NFL. He hasn't done anything overtly noble. Maybe there are things behind the scenes, but that wouldn't change my feelings towards his competency as a commentator.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

BenNX74205 wrote:
thrill wrote:
Why?
Respect?
I agree. The contents of this thread will ultimately determine not only John Madden's legacy, but his chances of being knighted by the Queen of England.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

What are they gonna call the football game now?

BenNX74205
All-Star

Post by BenNX74205 »

thrill wrote:
BenNX74205 wrote:
thrill wrote:
Why?
Respect?
Huh?

He's been bad. I'm glad he's retiring. I don't think that is disrespectful. I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but I don't like listening to him talk.

Furthermore, I don't know John, the only effect he's had on my life is that I've played his video game and listened to his color commentary. It's not like he's a fireman or in the military. He's a color commentator for the NFL. He hasn't done anything overtly noble. Maybe there are things behind the scenes, but that wouldn't change my feelings towards his competency as a commentator.
You're right. He's been awful at his job for 50 years. I don't know why he was ever hired in the first place. The only way this news could have been better is if he were fired.