GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 19 18, 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 11 09, 8:33 pm 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 27655
Location: extremely online
UFC 100 picks:
In no particular order, the main card: Lesnar over Mir, Henderson over Bisbing and GSP over Alves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 11 09, 10:33 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: June 16 07, 2:12 pm
Posts: 11787
Lesnar beat the holy [expletive] out of Mir.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 11 09, 10:44 pm 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 27655
Location: extremely online
I guess the only thing left is for Dana White to offer a truck load of cash to Fedor who I think would get equally hurt by Lesnar.

How about that Henderson knockout? Good god he knocked Bisbing's head off. That was unbelievable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 11 09, 11:12 pm 
Offline
Coiner of CarPegs
User avatar

Joined: December 12 07, 3:53 am
Posts: 7448
Location: Formerly hrod17
thrill wrote:
I guess the only thing left is for Dana White to offer a truck load of cash to Fedor who I think would get equally hurt by Lesnar.

How about that Henderson knockout? Good god he knocked Bisbing's head off. That was unbelievable.


Seemed like Henderson was just walking around with his arm cocked. Hell of a knockout. That is the first time I've seen Lesnar fight. I didn't enjoy it. I don't watch UFC often, but I find it interesting, until it turns into professional wrestling, and then I am no longer interested. I think most people want to see Lesnar lose, but in all honesty, I would rather just hear about him losing at some point. It was like WWF or a bad Rocky movie tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 12 09, 3:05 am 
Offline
accepts no jimitators
User avatar

Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Posts: 11327
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy
thrill wrote:
I guess the only thing left is for Dana White to offer a truck load of cash to Fedor who I think would get equally hurt by Lesnar.


Fedor would KO Lesnar. I can say this with absolute confidence because the man will never sign with the UFC. I fear Lesnar is the first of many jokes to come along. The HW division is gonna be overrun by a bunch of NFL rejects. Hope not, but you can see it coming.

I can't believe I cackled with delight when Hendo threw the absolutely unnecessary blow on Bisping. How true is the "Bisping's the #12 athlete in England" stuff they were talking about?

Big props to the Japanese guy who entered to this song and won. Beautiful. Not even kidding, I absolutely love the song and know I've posted it on this site before. And props to his opponent for choosing a Dylan song.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY][/youtube]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 12 09, 8:46 am 
Offline
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: May 4 06, 1:16 am
Posts: 1849
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Lesnar is just a beast. He knew exactly what he needed to do in the fight and he did it. If youre stronger and outweigh your opponent, lay on top of him and just punch the [expletive] outta him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 12 09, 9:19 am 
Offline
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
User avatar

Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Posts: 22004
Location: Raptured
StLBlitzerMM515 wrote:
Lesnar is just a beast. He knew exactly what he needed to do in the fight and he did it. If youre stronger and outweigh your opponent, lay on top of him and just punch the [expletive] outta him.

Now that Lesnar has a clue, he's pretty much unbeatable. It's gonna take a flat out lucky punch to beat him. He's easily the most dominating force the MMA world has seen IMO. And I love it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 12 09, 3:46 pm 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 27655
Location: extremely online
Tambourine Man wrote:
How true is the "Bisping's the #12 athlete in England" stuff they were talking about?

It was some dude's magazine rankings article. He's not actually the 12th biggest athlete in England. I loved that falling hammer fist. I was a little hesitant to be so happy about it until Bisbing finally woke up. Then I could laugh. Dana had been hiding him for so long, trying to build up the UFC in England. How anyone could ever think he'd beat Hendo is beyond me. Dan Henderson is a goddam legend, with good reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 12 09, 7:08 pm 
Offline
accepts no jimitators
User avatar

Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Posts: 11327
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy
thrill wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:
How true is the "Bisping's the #12 athlete in England" stuff they were talking about?

It was some dude's magazine rankings article. He's not actually the 12th biggest athlete in England. I loved that falling hammer fist. I was a little hesitant to be so happy about it until Bisbing finally woke up. Then I could laugh. Dana had been hiding him for so long, trying to build up the UFC in England. How anyone could ever think he'd beat Hendo is beyond me. Dan Henderson is a goddam legend, with good reason.


Yeah, the #12 thing it seemed a bit far fetched. My initial reactions was to laugh at the Hendo hammer fist, but then it looked like Bisping might be paralyzed or dead. But the minute he sat up, one of my buddies screamed, "OMG, that was so [expletive] awesome!" The women in attendance were just appalled but the guys erupted in didyoujustseethat happiness.

Spoiler for violence

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MMA Thread II
PostPosted: July 12 09, 7:56 pm 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 27655
Location: extremely online
USA USA USA USA

YEAH TAKE THAT ENGLAND

ARIZONA STATE, MUTHA [expletive]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group