MMA Thread II

A forum for non-baseball sports
MAGA
All-Star

Re: MMA Thread II

Post by MAGA »

I try not to breakdown heavyweight fights because a glancing blow can end it any second. Anywho, Stipe is obviously the more skilled fighter. Francis is NFL level genetics finally reaching the UFC. Not sure Francis is clean or anyone for that matter but the man will probably kill someone at some point. Francis via knockout round 1.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Ugh, I have a nasty cold so I'm not going to the bar that was hosting the fight. I'm going to miss it. Lame

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Sounds like it was a great fight. Big win for the firefighter from Ohio.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Every time DC dominates an elite fighter, it really reinforces how incredibly great Jon Jones is. What a weird legacy for DC.

Stipe just melted all that Ngannou muscle into a puddle. I bet Ngannou feels like he got hit by a car this morning. Just worn down and kneed, punched, and elbowed for 25 minutes. Ngannou is still a clear third in that division behind a hypothetically healthy Cain Velazquez.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Finally saw the Stipe/Ngannou fight. After the first round it was a wet fart.
thrill wrote:Every time DC dominates an elite fighter, it really reinforces how incredibly great Jon Jones is. What a weird legacy for DC.
I would have loved to see DC and Jones battle it out clean. I wouldn't count DC out in that match.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Jon Jones is the greatest fighter who's ever lived and might be the greatest athlete who's ever lived.

When he says every DC win goes on his resume he's absolutely right because that was my first thought after DC knocked out Stipe in the first.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

thrill wrote:Jon Jones is the greatest fighter who's ever lived and might be the greatest athlete who's ever lived.

When he says every DC win goes on his resume he's absolutely right because that was my first thought after DC knocked out Stipe in the first.
This is so unfair, yet this is exactly how history will see it. Jones deserves nothing.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Michael wrote:
This is so unfair, yet this is exactly how history will see it. Jones deserves nothing.
Not really in tune with the MMA line of thinking, but imo he's another incredible athlete that tarnished his name much the same as Armstrong, McGwire, etc.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

If Jones off PEDs is the one who faced OSP, he’s a real good fighter, not the GOAT. He may be one of those guys whose body responds to PEDs like rocket fuel (TRTor). Some will call that performance ring rust. I'm not sure. I think mma math is dangerous when evaluating fighters, especially when a fighter has been caught with drugs in his system multiple times.

USADA appears no different than most other drug agencies. They'll miss most of the users in the short-term but get them later as testing gets more advanced and samples are retro-tested. I'm think most top-level guys are maybe doing a little something but Yoel Romero, Paulo Costa, and some others have roider physiques and are getting a significant advantage.