College baseball 2010

A forum for non-baseball sports
phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Re: College baseball 2010

Post by phins »

Missouri State Bears recruit Brent Seifert ends uber prospect Bryce Harper's season today with a walk-off HR in the Juco World Series. Iowa Western CC will play the winner of San Jacinto and Hutchinson CC for the title (Hutch has to win twice).

JunkBondTrader
Veteran Player

Post by JunkBondTrader »

I would greatly enjoy punching Eric Byrnes' face.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

JunkBondTrader wrote:I would greatly enjoy punching Eric Byrnes' face.
I actually enjoy Byrnes in the booth for some reason that I haven't figured out yet but I tend to like to bad announcing booths.

Just watched the Miami/UF game, that was similar defense as I've seen at many HS games this year.

JunkBondTrader
Veteran Player

Post by JunkBondTrader »

UK wrote:
I actually enjoy Byrnes in the booth for some reason that I haven't figured out yet but I tend to like to bad announcing booths.

Just watched the Miami/UF game, that was similar defense as I've seen at many HS games this year.
I couldn't help but laugh at Byrnes wearing a short sleeve dress shirt that was not tucked in. One has to assume that he was wearing board shorts and flip flops to complete the ensemble.
And the farm kid runner was funny. But pretty much everything else about him tilted me like crazy.

Clemson tried to pull off a massive choke job there, but two ACC teams have punched their ticket, Virginia tries to make it 3 today. Time to end the streak...

And I think I'm making my first trip out to Omaha to watch my Noles play. Still a couple things to sort out, but I'm pumped.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

JunkBondTrader wrote:
UK wrote:

I couldn't help but laugh at Byrnes wearing a short sleeve dress shirt that was not tucked in. One has to assume that he was wearing board shorts and flip flops to complete the ensemble.
And the farm kid runner was funny. But pretty much everything else about him tilted me like crazy.

Clemson tried to pull off a massive choke job there, but two ACC teams have punched their ticket, Virginia tries to make it 3 today. Time to end the streak...

And I think I'm making my first trip out to Omaha to watch my Noles play. Still a couple things to sort out, but I'm pumped.
Enjoy it. I'm coming back home for a three-day weekend and going to one of the Saturday games (not sure which, but it doesn't especially matter to me).

Make a stop at King Kong's while you're there!

JunkBondTrader
Veteran Player

Post by JunkBondTrader »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
JunkBondTrader wrote:
UK wrote:

Enjoy it. I'm coming back home for a three-day weekend and going to one of the Saturday games (not sure which, but it doesn't especially matter to me).

Make a stop at King Kong's while you're there!
Thanks! Just looked at the website, King Kong's looks good, I'll hit that up. Any other restaurant advice? I feel obligated to go to a steak house.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Sullivan's is good if you're downtown (but pricey). If you're willing to go a little farther out west, Anthony's is also very good (and pretty close to one of the King Kong locations.)

I would also recommend the Old Market while you're down there. Too many good restaurants to name, and lots of good bars. Upstream Microbrewery has some very good beers and good food too. My favorite is the Capitol Pale Ale and the jambalaya, but you can't go wrong with any of 'em.

Another good burger place near by is Zesto's. It will be jam-packed on game days (at least that first weekend) but it's a CWS tradition with some good fries and shakes.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Is Zesto's an ice cream / fast food place? We have a couple of those up here.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Pretty much. It's a hamburger stand.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I didn't know they were so far south.