stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: General Soccer Thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

A Cayman Islands banker was just named president of CONCACAF. A small part of me appreciates the brazenness of their corruption, but the other part of me wants the US to host a World Cup in my lifetime and have a North American federation that isn't a cess pool, but oh well.
http://deadspin.com/5897692/cayman-isla ... cacaf-boss

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

MrSaigon wrote:Are the U-20s going to train with the Timbers or play the reserves? Is this a Nike thing?

The U.S. will face the Pilots at 7 p.m. PT on Thursday, April 12, at Merlo Field. The second game of the camp will take place on Sunday, April 15, against an opponent still to be determined. (UPDATE: The U.S. U-20 MNT will play an intrasquad scrimmage on Thursday, April 12, and against the University of Washington at 4 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 15. Both matches will be played at the Nike Campus.)

“We’ve had three camps this year and taken advantage of the opportunity to cast a wide net in evaluating the player pool,” said Ramos. “This is the last time we plan on calling in a large number of new players. From here on out, we’re really going to really focus in the players we have identified who we think will be competing for spots on this team moving forward.”

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-20-MNT/2 ... -9-16.aspx

So after this camp, the nephew should have a good idea if he's going to be a part of the U20 World Cup team.

robbotis
Perennial All-Star

Post by robbotis »

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxCf77Xi ... lpage#t=6s][/youtube]

Pirlo to Pepe for an amazing goal today vs Lazio.
Juventus, still undefeated. 4 up now in Serie A.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

USMNT U20 coaches told him to lose 8 lbs by next month. I hope that means they want to keep him.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Stfu, Barcelona.
[SHOW]
Spoiler'd for gifness.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Nephew made the USMNT U20 squad that will play in Uruguay and Chile this summer. I guess if he fares well he will be the GK for the U20 World Cup in Istanbul, or somewhere in Turkey, next year.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

lukethedrifter wrote:Nephew made the USMNT U20 squad that will play in Uruguay and Chile this summer. I guess if he fares well he will be the GK for the U20 World Cup in Istanbul, or somewhere in Turkey, next year.
That's awesome!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

lukethedrifter wrote:Nephew made the USMNT U20 squad that will play in Uruguay and Chile this summer. I guess if he fares well he will be the GK for the U20 World Cup in Istanbul, or somewhere in Turkey, next year.
Congrats, man. If you make it at that level, you can really put yourself in the shop window. If he plays, he'll get European interest. Even if he doesn't, I can't recall a u-20 player who didn't get a shot with an MLS team, so your nephew will definitely be drawing paychecks for playing a sport at some point.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Satan just murdered god right in the face. Life means nothing.