If an NBA lockout scrubbed the whole season, would you miss

A forum for non-baseball sports
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

If an NBA lockout scrubbed the whole season, would you miss

Post by slide_into_first »

If an NBA lockout scrubbed the whole season, would you miss it?
Yes (14%)
No (86%)
Total Responses: 2507

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/12455024 ... id=8500544

Faceman
Perennial All-Star

Re: If an NBA lockout scrubbed the whole season, would you m

Post by Faceman »

Why would anyone in Wisconsin care about the NBA?

slide_into_first

Faceman wrote:Why would anyone in Wisconsin care about the NBA?
That's a point the fans there see the Bucks as heavily disadvantaged financially and believe the league needs revenue sharing.

If television ratings have really fallen in half in the past 5 years, however, the NBA has lost a lot of fans everywhere.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

slide_into_first wrote: If television ratings have really fallen in half in the past 5 years, however, the NBA has lost a lot of fans everywhere.
Where are you getting this info?

slide_into_first

From comments in the blog at js online but when I google nba ratings it says they are up- I suspect ratings fell from 2007 to 2010 and rose in 2011 but not to 2007 levels- but if you have figures plz share.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

slide_into_first wrote:From comments in the blog at js online but when I google nba ratings it says they are up- I suspect ratings fell from 2007 to 2010 and rose in 2011 but not to 2007 levels- but if you have figures plz share.
Yeah all I've read is that ratings last season were sky high and the seasons before that were record highs in the playoffs due to the Boston-LA rivalry.

I'm guessing ratings for Bucks broadcasts are steadily declining and maybe that's what they're referring to.

The NBA has a serious problem on their hands with the disparity in market profitability (which is the main reason there's a good chance we have no NBA season next fall) and much like in the NHL, I'd love for them to consider contraction, though they never will.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Sixers killer. Still holding a grudge.

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Post by Maclowery »

I would be incredibly bummed. Last season I watched a good 85 Bulls games, and almost every night of the playoffs. I haven't had so much fun for an entire season watching a sport since the Cards' absurdly entertaining 2004.

The NBA is just too freaking awesome right now to have a work stoppage. I hope they work it out ASAP. I honestly believe they'll hammer out something before any games are cancelled.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

Maclowery wrote:I would be incredibly bummed. Last season I watched a good 85 Bulls games, and almost every night of the playoffs. I haven't had so much fun for an entire season watching a sport since the Cards' absurdly entertaining 2004.

The NBA is just too freaking awesome right now to have a work stoppage. I hope they work it out ASAP. I honestly believe they'll hammer out something before any games are cancelled.
There's a higher chance that the NBA will miss part of their regular season than the NFL. The NBA says that 8 of the 30 teams are actually making a yearly profit.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

The scrubbed NHL season awhile back pretty much killed my interest in hockey and it has yet to be restored.

I don't follow the NBA closely, but I have buddies living in Memphis and OKC who have really gotten into it with the success of the Grizzlies and Thunder. And reading the NBA threads here have stoked my interest somewhat, so I'd probably get more into it if there is a season next year.