Derrick Rose

A forum for non-baseball sports
Socnorb11
The Last Word

Re: Derrick Rose

Post by Socnorb11 »

bobby bo wrote:Derrick Rose Face fills me with so much joy. Especially next to LeBron's clowning. I think I just OD'd on humble.

“I can dance,” Rose said after the game. “But there’s a time and place for that. And I don’t think that it was then and there.”

I love you, basketball robot.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night when they came out. Lebron (and the others) looked like a clown.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Socnorb11 wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing last night when they came out. Lebron (and the others) looked like a clown.
I feel like any event that heavily features Chris Brown in a non-critical way is probably going to feature loathsome amounts of nonsense and I knew that going in. It wasn't always this way. The LeBronification of the All-Star game that makes it a de facto early 2000's AAU all-stars reunion event makes it almost unwatchable. It's dumb, but as a fan, I wouldn't hate it if you guys stopped acting like long-lost best bros every time you hit the court. The Lakers, Celtics and Bulls guys never do this, but everyone else is just overtly psyched to see each other. It was funny to see uncomfortable Thibs and super-serious D Rose in the intros though.

Dwight Howard is an idiot. He learned nothing from the LeBron saga. I know he's just being his same, clownish self, but when you're angling from a move out of your crappy market for non-basketball reasons, you have got to cut down on the mugging and silly antics. Your fans don't want to see it, your teammates don't want to see it and your haters absolutely love to see it so they can make fun of you and (probably unfairly) call you a bad guy.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Socnorb11 wrote:
bobby bo wrote:Derrick Rose Face fills me with so much joy. Especially next to LeBron's clowning. I think I just OD'd on humble.

“I can dance,” Rose said after the game. “But there’s a time and place for that. And I don’t think that it was then and there.”

I was thinking the exact same thing last night when they came out. Lebron (and the others) looked like a clown.
He almost looks embarrassed to be standing there.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

What a badass.

He has to be one of the best things to happen to basketball in a long time.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Yeah he's great, but there's a lot of really awesome guys taking over the league these days. Durant, Kevin Love, Westbrook and Lin all seem like really cool guys.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

bobby bo wrote:Yeah he's great, but there's a lot of really awesome guys taking over the league these days. Durant, Kevin Love, Westbrook and Lin all seem like really cool guys.
One of these things is not like the others (and I don't mean because he's Asian).

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

You don't have to tell the guy who told everyone else to pump the brakes on Lin to pump the brakes. I'm speaking only to his point of Rose being a good "story." Lin is as good a sports story as we've seen in a long time.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Derrick Rose feels like Jackie Moon
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... s-big-macs

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

That screaming sound you heard from up north was Bulls fans after Rose blew his ACL vs. the Sixers in game 1.

Have to wonder what this does to a guy whose game relies on speed and explosiveness.