Derrick Rose

A forum for non-baseball sports
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Re: Derrick Rose

Post by jim »

Spider John wrote:You guys ought to see Derrick Rose take an ACT test. It's like he's different person.
lol .. good one.

Honestly though, I don't give a crap about ACT tests. It was stupid that he had to go to a year of college in the first place. What a dumb rule.

bschulte
Everyday Player

Post by bschulte »

Hungary Jack wrote:He's obviously fun to watch, but in an era of narcissistic NBA superstars (cough, Lebron, cough, Howard, cough Paul), Rose is breath of fresh air. After signing his mega deal yesterday, all he could talk about was working hard, playing hard, and winning a championship with the Bulls. It's amazing how humble he is.
I'd be humble too if I paid someone to take my ACT for me just to get into college. Everyone making Rose out to be some role model should look elsewhere ASAP. :?

bschulte
Everyday Player

Post by bschulte »

Spider John wrote:You guys ought to see Derrick Rose take an ACT test. It's like he's different person.
It's really pathetic that it took until the end of page 3 to come up. Rose is a scumbag. And his brother makes HIM look like a saint.

jim

Post by jim »

Wow...

Time to change the avatar on that note.

bschulte
Everyday Player

Post by bschulte »

bschulte wrote:
It's really pathetic that it took until the end of page 3 to come up. Rose is a scumbag. And his brother makes HIM look like a saint.
And one last totally unrelated note: There is a reason someone who had a "sub" take his ACT ended up with that upstanding citizen Calipari. Kentucky isn't going to like the end game...unless the NCAA pulls a Cam this time. :evil:

jim

Post by jim »

bschulte wrote:
bschulte wrote:
And one last totally unrelated note: There is a reason someone who had a "sub" take his ACT ended up with that upstanding citizen Calipari. Kentucky isn't going to like the end game...unless the NCAA pulls a Cam this time. :evil:
Why don't you start a new thread the next time you have some random thought? Just an idea.

DRose is too big too fast too strong .... too good. Nobody cares about his ACT.

bschulte
Everyday Player

Post by bschulte »

jim wrote:
bschulte wrote:
bschulte wrote:
Why don't you start a new thread the next time you have some random thought? Just an idea.

DRose is too big too fast too strong .... too good. Nobody cares about his ACT.
Jim,

I'm a lurker mostly, not a poster, as my time/posts ratio shows. I try to provide value when I post and this being a Cardinals board I tend to stick to baseball. All that said:

1, I know you are from the Chicagoland area (Wisconsin) and a Bulls fan. No problem there from me. My younger brother loved MJ with every fiber of his being and took me along for the ride.
2. Derrick Rose is a cheater and a scumbag. His brother Reggie Rose is much, much worse. But everyone, don't take my word for it, Google Reggie to find out just how much.
3. People who try to make Derrick Rose out to be some kind of role model need to seriously find someone who is remotely close to a role model, not someone who had the talent to be truly special without resorting to cheating to get ahead.
4. This Derrick Rose love will ALWAYS bring out this particular "random thought", whether you and other Bulls for life fans like it or not.
5. I like your posts and think you bring value to Gateway Redbirds, and not just in the Baseball forum. I read'em all and have for a long time.
6. We will NEVER see eye to eye on this, so make as many smug comments as you want. It will make zero difference in how I and others who know what Rose did feel about him and his suitability as a role model.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

YEAH. TAKE THAT, JIM.

bschutle, he isn't a role model. Just a likable, elite athlete. If anyone here is making him out to be more than that, they're misguided. Not quite as misguided as your vendetta against testing fraud, but misguided nonetheless.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

First, no one in this thread said anything about Rose being a role model. I think most people who commented in this thread all agree that athletes should not be role models. Where you got that from, I have no idea but you are comments about him being a role model simply don't belong in this thread.

Second, someone making a bad decision as a 17 year old kid can be forgiven easier than an adult athlete's transgressions. Especially when he should have never been required to take the stupid test and go to college for one year. I don't know how he "got ahead" by doing it, but whatever. I'm glad he did because otherwise he would be playing in a city other than Chicago. You sound like someone who is mad he went to Kentucky over your school of choice.

Third, he is likable for his desire to be the best and his constant hard work to get better.

Fourth, Reggie certainly isn't a saint, but he and his other brothers did what they had to do to keep Derrick off the streets and out of harms way. They weren't going to let what happened to Ben Wilson happen to their brother. If you think that was easy, take a trip to where he grew up to see for yourself.

Finally, hate all you want. If cheating on a SAT test brings out this type of hate in you I don't know how you can like any professional athlete. Most of them do far worse than cheating on a stupid test.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

I brought the ACT test up as a joke. Good people can make mistakes, especially (as Lipp said) when you're a 17 year old kid, and you are getting guidance, and pressure, from coaches who are willing to mislead you. His whole being shouldn't be judged on this one issue.

Now if you want to talk about Calipari as a scum bag .............