Derrick Rose

A forum for non-baseball sports
cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Re: Derrick Rose

Post by cards2468 »

I wonder if he could hit a curveball or play CF...

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

lukethedrifter wrote:I might have to come up to Chicago to see a Bulls game. $$$$?
The only tix you can buy from the team are:

300-level ends 40/46/50/60 (regular, preferred, prime, premium)
100-level ends 130/135/150/170

That's it. You need to go to stubhub for anything else. Those 100-level seats through the team are behind the basket and they suck because you can't see around the basket.

For $75-100 depending on opponent you can get decent 300 level seats - i.e. baseline and lower half. For 100 level seats you need to double that or more.

It's expensive but a great experience. I recommend paying the extra money to go see a good team. Last year we saw the Bulls/Celtics on a Saturday night and the environment was crazy. A couple of years ago we saw the T-Wolves .. little more subdued.

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

Rose and Kevin Durant are breaths of fresh air on the NBA superstar front. I really wish they showed Bulls games in St. Louis.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

longhornbaseball wrote:Rose and Kevin Durant are breaths of fresh air on the NBA superstar front. I really wish they showed Bulls games in St. Louis.
They have a lot of TNT/ESPN/ABC games this year.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I mentioned the other day how much I dig Derrick Rose.

But I'm wondering why people consider him a "breath of fresh air", while the same people think that Tim Tebow is hated by half of America.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

Bad analogy.

I don't have an issue with Tebow's adulation of God, but a lot of people are really turned off by his religious exuberance for understandable reasons. It's a polarizing topic in our society.

Derrick Rose just doesn't go there, or anywhere that is controversial. It's all work hard, be a team, and play to win. And he sounds like he means it.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Hungary Jack wrote:Bad analogy.

I don't have an issue with Tebow's adulation of God, but a lot of people are really turned off by his religious exuberance for understandable reasons. It's a polarizing topic in our society.

Derrick Rose just doesn't go there, or anywhere that is controversial. It's all work hard, be a team, and play to win. And he sounds like he means it.

Tebow does all of the things mentioned in your last sentence. But he's openly religious. Is that why people hate?

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Listen, I don't want this to become another flaming Tebow thread, and I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. It's just fascinating to me why there would be a different perspective on the 2 guys.

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

Socnorb11 wrote:But I'm wondering why people consider him a "breath of fresh air", while the same people think that Tim Tebow is hated by half of America.
I don't think that. I like Tim Tebow and think he is "hated" by a very loud, but very small, anti-Christian fringe. There are a lot of people who don't think he's a very good quarterback, but there's a reason why the Broncos are one of the national games every Sunday. He's fun to watch.

But you can't really compare the two. Rose might be the most talented player in the NBA, while Tebow is more of a freak show.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

longhornbaseball wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:But I'm wondering why people consider him a "breath of fresh air", while the same people think that Tim Tebow is hated by half of America.
I don't think that. I like Tim Tebow and think he is "hated" by a very loud, but very small, anti-Christian fringe. There are a lot of people who don't think he's a very good quarterback, but there's a reason why the Broncos are one of the national games every Sunday. He's fun to watch.

But you can't really compare the two. Rose might be the most talented player in the NBA, while Tebow is more of a freak show.

Oh, from the perspective of excellening at what they do, there is no comparison. I was totally just talking about "likeable athletes".

And, I don't want this to become a Tebow thread. Derrick Rose deserves every accolade that he gets. Love the guy (and I'm not the biggest Bulls fan on the planet by far).