2013-2014 NCAA Basketball Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

2013-2014 NCAA Basketball Thread

Post by The Third Man »

Might as well get this started with the news that the final remaining top-100 recruit for the class of 2013, Andrew Wiggins - a 6'8 small forward from Toronto - finally made his college decision today by eliminating Kentucky (!), Florida State (his parents' alma), and North Carolina and committing to...Kansas!

(Cue groans from rest of board as I celebrate over here by myself.)

[/youtube]

This still wasn't enough to give KU the overall #1 class, since Kentucky still snagged the #2, #5, #7, #9, and #11 recruits, including the best power forward (Julius Randle), the best point guard (Andrew Harrison), the best shooting guard (Andrew's twin brother Aaron), and the best center (Dakari Johnson, though KU commit Joel Embiid has been getting lots of buzz as the best eventual NBA prospect at C). This has made UK the favorite in most early preseason polls, but if last year is any indication it remains to be seen whether or not Calipari can corral all that talent and ego (the Harrison twins are supposedly notorious ball hogs) and put together a championship team like he did with Davis and MKG. Plus, a few other teams (Michigan St., Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State) return some pretty strong rosters. Should be a competitive year for college basketball.

Anyway, here's ESPN's early rankings:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball

Also, since I know my audience, Mizzou has a really solid recruiting class coming in as well:

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: 2013-2014 NCAA Basketball Thread

Post by Jocephus »

i was gonna say on facebook "ku fans have gone from kissing, to licking to bleaching their own ass" today because of all the clutter from my newsfeed...but being the nice guy i am i didn't.

congrats though. is he a one and done player?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

KU fans already had their asses bleached prior to today.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:KU fans already had their asses bleached prior to today.
hah yeah i would agree but i was trying to think of a zinger...and man you should have seen my newsfeed...i wanted to barf. congrats to them for getting a great player but the fans are so juvenile...even more so than other sports fandom. plus they are rude and hypocritical.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

Well, this thread is going swimmingly. Come on! I ain't done nothing to y'all. :(

And yeah, I can't imagine any scenario in which Wiggins is here for more than two semesters, Joce.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

The only way he's around beyond one year is if he's healthy and plays bad enough to seriously affect his draft stock. Not likely since he is incredibly good. I wonder how much KU had to pay to get him?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm guessing Kentucky chalks this up as a half-million dollar loss.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The Third Man wrote:Well, this thread is going swimmingly. Come on! I ain't done nothing to y'all. :(

And yeah, I can't imagine any scenario in which Wiggins is here for more than two semesters, Joce.
sorry. i know yer "one of the good ones"

i dont know anything about college commitments and what not but i heard on radio coming home from work that wiggins "re-classified" his graduation...i guess he basically just graduated early/took more classes (is that laughable?) but the commentator (some espn guy) said he "wasn't sure how he felt" about the high school re-classifying to get in college early, thus nba earlier. i dont know.

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I'm guessing Kentucky chalks this up as a half-million dollar loss.
Loss? That's a half-million dollar gain. At least until Cal gives it to another player.